Best Persons in the World

Google for this:

The “Legalize Love” campaign officially launches in Poland and Singapore on Saturday, July 7th. Google intends to eventually expand the initiative to every country where the company has an office, and will focus on places with homophobic cultures, where anti-gay laws exist.

Google’s Mark Palmer-Edgecumbe outlined the initiative at a Global LGBT Workplace Summit in London earlier today. “We want our employees who are gay or lesbian or transgender to have the same experience outside the office as they do in the office. It is obviously a very ambitious piece of work.

Their strategy involves developing partnerships between companies and organizations to support grass-roots campaigns.

I wonder if they intend to campaign heavily in the homophobic red states across America.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in LGBT and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    I often wonder how Righties search the intertubes. Google insists on doing stuff like the Legalize Love campaign. Bing is owned by Microsoft, which is the “MS” in MSNBC (and Bill Gates is *gasp shock horror* giving away his money). The minor search players like DuckDuckGo require some effort to use and using their results can require some thought and judgment.

    Maybe Righties just embrace epistemic closure and assume if something wasn’t mentioned by Fox, Drudge or Limbaugh it never happened.

      That would be an interesting study actually. To see how they utilize search engines and news sites. Do they start with their Drudge like sites and only go to links from there or do they start at Google and narrow down to sites like Drudge. Since they are starting with pre-conceived notions (i.e., ideology) then I would think it would be the first scenario.

      • muselet

        Do you want to write the grant proposal, or should I? :^)

        –alopecia