Creepy Story of the Day

A high-rolling Republican fundraiser in Utah was arrested today and charged with raping four women, two of which occurred in the same cabin wherein he has hosted high-profile fundraisers for Republican politicians including Senator Orrin Hatch, Senator Mike Lee, Representative Jason Chaffetz, and Governor Herbert.

The Salt Lake Tribune reported on Thursday that prosecutors charged GOP fundraiser Greg Peterson with 23 felony counts, including the rapes of four women. Jail records online showed that he was still being held on $750,000 bond.

Two of the rapes allegedly took place at a cabin he owns in Heber, Utah, a town about 40 miles away from Salt Lake City, the newspaper reported. The cabin has been the site of some big name fundraisers over the years. [...]

On Peterson’s Facebook page, he describes himself as the owner of Peterson Wealth Management and features a photo of him meeting GOP presumptive presidential nominee Mitt Romney. Another photo shows an invitation to a Romney fundraiser that he co-chaired on Nov. 17, 2007 in Park City, Utah.

His most recent Facebook post was at 3:49 p.m. on Wednesday with an image of a spider in a web. The photo mocked a recent speech by President Obama with the text “Nice Web. You Didn’t Build That.”

A regular “values voter” playing host to politicians who would oversee the suppression of women’s healthcare was also raping women at his fundraiser cabin. I honestly can’t say I’m surprised.

The details are even worse. Such as threatening a woman with deportation and holding another at gunpoint.

  • Lazarus Durden

    Back in the 20′s the KKK ran as the guardians of traditional morality in what was known as the “Second Wave” Revival of the Klan. The Grand Wizard of the Indiana KKK, D. C. Stephenson, was arrested and convicted of raping and killing a young schoolteacher named Madge Oberholtzer. He too was a prohibitionist and a defender of “Protestant Womanhood”.

    I’m very leery of anyone who claims to be a defender of traditional values which consists mainly of negativity and oppression.

  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Rich-Morgan/100000299284844 Rich Morgan

    So Mitt pals around with alleged rapists.

      Oy.

    Hope he gets used and abused in jail. Asshole!

  • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_C4BIPMVLSU23EIG75CDOA5N424 Beth S

    This is a complete non-sequitur, but it seems like there is an extraordinary number of men named Peterson who hate/torture/rape/kill women (Scott, Drew, and now Greg). That aside, I hope this guy never sees the light of day again.

  • mrbrink

    Conservatism’s the name, raping is the game.