Dick Quote of the Day

Well it does make me wonder, you know with all those people in the theater, was there nobody that was carrying that could’ve stopped this guy more quickly? -Rep. Louie Gohmert on the Colorado shooting

I say this with all sincerity Mister Gohmert:

(h/t T.C. Soldan Attorney at Law)

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Quote and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • desertflower1

    I seriously think you should send him that shirt. Are the people in his district THAT stupid ????? People like him are the reason why we can’t have an intelligent national conversation. About anything. Fuck You, Goober!

  • http://twitter.com/Zirgar Zirgar

    Most people who do have guns don’t train with them properly enough to be able to make a successful stand against a madman spraying a crowd with bullets, but in fact would more than likely make the situation much worse if they were packing heat with little or no training in how to use it in such moments and went ahead and used it anyway. But hell, what does that matter? It sure makes for a good soundbite for some shit-kicking dumbass who wants to sound like a tough guy.

    PS–I’m glad I’ve finally been able to use the term “packing heat” in a comment somewhere.

    • Brutlyhonest

      Spot-on regarding the lack of training. Most “tough guys” I’ve known that “carry” are more likely to hurt themselves or other bystanders if they (a) remember they are armed and (2) decide to act.

      I commented to my wife this AM that I was surprised that in such a hotbed of wingnuttery and NRA-oohrah that someone didn’t return fire. Not in the way gomer meant, but in the “boy did they make a fucked-up situation worse” vein.

  • Ned F

    Before he spewed this comment, his first blame was the result of “ongoing attacks on Judeo-Christian beliefs”.
    So, if we were armed with guns and (the proper) religion, we would be made safer I guess.

  • http://twitter.com/NanaLenore Penny Hernandez

    One of my sons is a state trooper and a former School Resource Officer. He and other troopers in conjunction with other law enforcement agencies did and still do rigorous drilling to deal with incidents like the tragedy in Aurora (and Columbine and others). The very LAST thing law enforcement needs in such situations is a literal “loose cannon,” another shooter whose identity and motive are unknown to law enforcement. It is overwhelmingly likely that more people would die. Imagine if there had been an armed “civilian” in that dark, gas filled theater who decides, with no training and no backup, to intervene – how could that possibly end well?

      Have been reading comments all day where people are saying, “if I had been there with my pistol…”, “the guy was back lit and would’ve made an easy target”…..

      My response was “Really? You can see through a smoke bomb while people are pushing you and running around you, screaming, trying to get out AND bullets are flying at you? In that case sign you up for the SEALS!”

      They don’t like my sarcasm for some reason.

      • muselet

        I swear people actually think life is like a John Woo movie.

          I know! It’s either extreme stupidity or incredible arrogance….what a bunch of dipwads

    • Lazarus Durden

      They’d kill an innocent bystander if they were lucky, but more likely they’d piss themselves and attempt to flee.

      • Victor_the_Crab

        Yup. Because they’re chickenhawks with tiny penises, like Louie Gohmert’s.

  • http://twitter.com/maxcat07 Irene Budoff

    Speaking as a Jew, I don’t think my first thought would have been “gee, I wish I had my Glock with me!”. It doesn’t seem to fit with the religion I was raised in, and really doesn’t go with the Judeo-Christian beliefs that Goober Gomert is babbling on about. Is this really what he thinks those beliefs are? If so, I would be happy if we were losing some of them. If he’s speaking for Christians, please leave the Jews out of it…we have enough problems.
    Also, just a thought….the gunman was in complete body armor; would a handgun really have done any good? Damn, Gomert is an idiot.

    • http://twitter.com/Zirgar Zirgar

      Yeah, but Goober Gohmert would’ve shot him right between the eyes by letting fly a fancy hip shot from his trusty six-shooter while doing a high-flying pirouette, finally landing in a three-point stance over the body of the now dead, erstwhile crazed erstwhile gunman.

      • Victor_the_Crab

        I see him hiding under the seats, crapping in his pants and crying like a small child begging for the gunman not to get him.

    Everyone knows that once the air in a room reaches maximum bullet saturation it all just cancels itself out.

    It’s staggering to think Louie Gohmert used to be a judge. And not in a pie-eating contest sort of way.

  • http://twitter.com/SugaRazor Razor

    Because when a mad man enters a dark room, crowded room, fills it with tear gas and opens fire indiscriminately, crossfire seems like a GREAT idea.

  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Tracey-Page-Christensen/1338373624 Tracey Page Christensen

    Awesome.

  • Lazarus Durden

    Mr. Gohmert,

    I don’t believe you are this stupid. You might be, and if you are then I can forgive you a little easier.

    I don’t think you’re stupid. I think you’re an immoral, unethical, shitbag excuse for a human being that will use absolutely anything to push a political agenda.

    People died last night. They were murdered for simply being at the wrong place at the wrong time. It’s a tragedy. They were fathers, mothers, sons, daughters, friends, neighbors, loved ones. They were people.

    I don’t think you can meet their standard. So fuck you Louie Gohmert. You got your soundbite. I hope you choke on it you fucking fuck.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      I think he’s both stupid and an immoral, unethical, shitbag excuse for a human being.

    What an absolute fucking asshole Gohmert is.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Louie Gohmert. American Retard.

  • hanadora444

    Apparently this is such a common fantasy. When they say that somebody with a gun could have stopped this guy they really mean that THEY could have and would have stopped him if they were there.
    And I keep seeing these goofy commercials pushing testosterone supplements as if there isn’t enough (or too much) testosterone floating around there already.