Nope. Not Racist At All.

While we’re on the subject of former Arizona Senate President Russell Pearce being a colossal douche, lets take a moment to look at the content of the emails the ACLU and other rights organizations are using in court to challenge the remaining parts of Arizona’s “Papers Please” anti-immigration law SB1070, which was championed and passed by Russell Pearce.

The state’s defense relies on the notion that the law isn’t racist and wasn’t intended to enable racial profiling, but emails obtained through public records requests reveals the ugly truth. That you need only look at Pearce’s personal correspondence to find his white hood and the true motivations for passing the law.

There are many examples, but these are my favorites

“Battles commence as Mexican nationalists struggle to infuse their men into American government and strengthen control over their strongholds. One look at Los Angeles with its Mexican-American mayor shows you Vincente Fox’s general Varigossa commanding an American city.”

“Corruption is the mechanism by which Mexico operates. Its people spawn more corruption wherever they go because it is their only known way of life.”

“Last week, Denver’s illegal aliens sang our national anthem in Spanish and bastardized the words of OUR country’s most sacred song.”

They sang the national anthem. America’s national anthem. But they did so with another language, so that apparently doesn’t count. Because it’s “OUR” (read: white “real Americans”) country.

This isn’t a slam-dunk case against the legality of the law, but it will certainly make it more difficult to defend SB1070 on the merit of the law, because it sure wasn’t passed based on merit.

By the way, here’s a photo of Russell Pearce with neo-nazi Sheriff candidate JT Ready. The man who killed five people including himself on May 2nd. Ready tried to blame his murder-suicide on immigrants in a Facebook post.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Racism and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    JM, I have been writing about Pearce for a couple of years now. About a week or two after the recall election that removed him from office was over, the state GOP restored him to power by giving him an appointment within the power structure of the organization. They loves them some ne0-nazi friendly, Mormon Bishops in AZ! That’s just the kind of man they want in power.

  • http://twitter.com/Zirgar Zirgar

    Dear, Mr. Cesca, I will have you know that I approve of ALL people of the white color and Protestant faith. In fact some of my best friends are the slightest hint of eggshell, and Lutheran. And even if it were not so, you say the word “racist” like it’s a bad thing.

    Yours in White English Christ,

    Russell Pearce

    PS–”Cesca,” eh? Hmmm, sounds fairly suspicious to me…

    • JMAshby

      My last name is indeed English, actually.

      • http://twitter.com/Zirgar Zirgar

        See, even just pretending to be a right winger the dumbassery rubs off and I do something stupid.

        But doesn’t Ashby come from Ash, and ash come from fire, which Satan uses to torment the damned……just sayin
        ;)

        • JozefAL

          But good Catholics (you know–the *other* kind of Christians) use ashes to mark themselves on the first day of Lent, a day refered to as “Ash Wednesday.” (Additionally, there are a few people in the Bible who would cover themselves in ashes to mark a penance or deep sorrow.)

          • JMAshby

            What is this, I don’t even…

        • Brutlyhonest

          Ah, but the fire is also wut teh jeebus tells them to use to cleanse the evil; that’s why they burn crosses in the yards of evil brown people.

  • i_a_c

    Then when we try to point out this stuff, the right wing clutches their pearls and accuses liberals of playing “the race card.”

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Yup. racists right wingers like Pearce want to have their unhealthy, calorie and addiditve laced cake and eat it too like the little piggys they are.