Photo of the Day

This is former Representative Gabrielle Giffords and her husband Mark Kelly at the top of the French Alps

Most of us will never do this in our lifetimes, and most of us weren’t recently shot in the head either. What could have easily destroyed her, if not physically then mentally, hasn’t slowed her down at all.

(photo via Reuters)

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Photography and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Lazarus Durden

    Life isn’t fair. It’s one of the hardest truths I’ve had to learn. Bad things happen to good people, and all too often bad people are not held to account for the things they’ve done.

    It’s why I like this seeing things like this. Whether you disagreed with her politics are not Gabrielle Giffords didn’t deserve what happened to her, and neither did any of those people whose lives where lost on that horrible day.

    I’m glad she’s doing better. I’m happy she’s been able to get back a part of her life that she almost lost forever. It’s my sincere hope that she continues to get better, and not because of some validation for my own belief that a better world is possible, but simply because she deserves it.

    Keep on doin’ your thing Ms. Giffords.

  • MrDHalen

    Seeing the smile on her face just made my day 1000 times better!!!

    Thanks Ashby, I needed that.

  • Brutlyhonest

    Flippin elitists going to the French Alps. What? ‘Merkin Alps not good enough for them?

  • Victor_the_Crab

    My life sucks! :(