Quote of the Day

“I think it was naive. It’s a 13-year-old kid saying stuff that he had heard for a long time… I live in Georgia. We’re inundated with conservative talk in Georgia… The speech was something that a 13-year-old does. You haven’t formed all your opinions. You’re really defeating yourself if you think you have all of your ideas in your head when you were 12 or 13. It’s impossible. You haven’t done enough.” Former Conservative Boy Wonder Jonathan Krohn

Krohn is now a liberal and the above quote pretty much summarizes why most conservatives remain conservative. Un-formed opinions. Check. Blindly repeating conservative talk. Check. Naive, self-defeating, pre-teen views of the world. Check. Then when you actually experience the world, you wake up. That covers it.

Just a reminder of the younger more naive Krohn. Note all of the older and still naive people cheering for him:

Maybe John Roberts is experiencing a similar epiphany.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • JMAshby

    Unfortunately, he’s also about to learn the lesson that not everyone who acts like they’re your friends are really your friends.

  • http://twitter.com/Zirgar Zirgar

    Good for him. He got out into the real world, read some stuff that wasn’t written by Sean Hannity or Glenn Beck and discovered that when you think about things, actually think things through, and let yourself see everything as it really is instead of how you want it to be, you can no longer remain a myopic, close-minded, uncaring individual; when you expand your existential horizons, your sphere of concern grows with it.

    • JMAshby

      Well said.

  • trgahan

    It is the reverse logic that gets me. Because a 13 year old kid holds your beliefs, it validates your world view. It is not like the kid holds office or makes policy. The idea seems only to be “Look! If a 13 year old gets it, it’s clearly valid!” Has there ever been a need for progressives to drag out some tween and make them parrot talking points to make us feel better about ourselves?

  • eljefejeff

    Let’s let the story die here. He never should’ve gotten attention in the first place.

    • muselet

      Agreed, although I’ll be curious to see what he ends up making of himself. Philosophy and filmmaking is an interesting combination.

      –alopecia

  • MrDHalen

    Education turns you into a progressive liberal or evil.

    • MrDHalen

      Wow, that sounds harsh.

    • D_C_Wilson

      I think what happened is that he finally got laid.

      Imagine how much better the world have been if some girl had given a teenage Rush a pity lay way back when.

      • http://www.facebook.com/people/Kitty-Smith/100000047475312 Kitty Smith

        At 13?

        • D_C_Wilson

          No, sometime between 13 and now.

          • villemar

            A microphallus plus morbid obesity does present a biological obstacle to this scenario.

    This kind of thing is why we must all follow the example of the Texas GOP, and ban critical thinking. Otherwise, there may be no conservatives left at all!!!!1!!!one!

  • muselet

    “Come on, I was thirteen,” he said. “I was thirteen.”

    Most of us did cringeworthy things at thirteen, but most of us don’t have those things permanently on the intertubes. He may have to change his name to get away from the unwanted attention.

      Nah, everyone likes a good conversion story.

  • http://twitter.com/kerryreid Kerry Reid

    When Michelle Malkin digs herself out of the Colorado Springs rubble, the first thing she’ll do is get on a plane to inspect this little traitor’s kitchen countertops!

    • agrazingmoose

      She will stop for a moment to complain that the government isn’t doing enough for her.