Sally Ride 1951-2012

In America, we simply don’t commemorate historical and heroic female figures enough — or at all. This ought to change, and perhaps one of the first women to get a national holiday or similar form recognition could be the first American woman in space, Sally Ride, who died of pancreatic cancer yesterday at the too-young age of 61.

June 18, 1983:

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Space and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://www.dlancystreet.com reginahny

    True that. As a sad aside, Sally’s partner of 27 years is not eligible for her federal benefits — way to respect and honor what even that disgusting panderer Romney called a pioneer. I’m ashamed of our country almost every day, it’s getting unbearable.