The Big Scary U.N.

And you thought Arizona was done bringing The Crazy today.

The man running for Sheriff of Pima County, Arizona, where Representative Gabrielle Giffords was shot in the head in January of last year, is warning against the dangers of signing a U.N. arms treaty as it relates to the Colorado theater shooting.

Unfortunately, this event is a stark reminder that only we can protect ourselves. There isn’t enough money or manpower on the planet to have an armed policeman on every single street corner… or inside every movie theater. Only law-abiding citizens have the power to repel such an attack. I demand that Secretary of State Clinton not sign the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty.

This terrible event is an example of how much worse things can get with the approval of the United Nations’ Arms Trade Treaty which aims to disarm lawful citizens. Legally armed and responsibly self-trained citizens are far safer from these types of attacks and have the ability to stop them earlier in the event, saving lives.

Let’s put this in perspective — the man running for sheriff is essentially telling his future constituents that if they’re looking for protection, they can only rely on themselves. They can’t rely on him or the sheriff’s deputies he would presumably be managing. Or mismanaging.

What kind of campaign is that? “Elect me because I will fail you! I promise!”

The U.N. Arms Trade Treaty, as ThinkProgress points out, has absolutely nothing to do with domestic arms sales. It’s a treaty aimed at preventing arms sales to countries that don’t have the capability to regulate imports.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Victor_the_Crab

    THE STUPID! IT BURNS, IT BURNS!!!

  • http://www.facebook.com/Novak83 Ed Novak

    “What kind of campaign is that? ‘Elect me because I will fail you! I promise!’”

    The same one that Republicans have been running for decades? “Government is the problem,” as they say.

    • nathkatun7

      You hit the nail on the head, Ed Novak! I’ve always asked this question: If right wingers say government is the problem why do they spend so much money to obtain government jobs? For Example, today Mitt Romney told California businessmen that he is not a career politician. Meaning, of course, that holding political office is not one of his major priorities. Yet he has been running for political office for more than eighteen years. For the past five years, all Romney has been doing is run for President. He never went back to creating jobs after he lost the Republican nomination in 2008. But he goes around repeating the mantra that “Government is the problem.”

      • KAboink

        “He never went back to creating jobs after he lost the Republican nomination in 2008″.
        Love the sarcasm!
        But one could still argue that his companies DID create jobs…..in India, Cayman Islands, China and Switzerland……

  • Brutlyhonest

    The list of shit these faux tough guys are a’skeered of (that’s bumpkin for afraid of) is endless.

    He’s running for sheriff and he’s sugesting that people should arm themselves and have shootouts basically.
    I think he may be spending to much time down in Tombstone living out his kiddie fantasies of being Wyatt Earp.
    What would he say if he knew that the Shootout at the OK Corral was due to the law enforcement agents (the Earp Bros) trying to enforce the gun control ordinance in the city of Tombstone against the Clantons & McLaurys?