The Embarrassment Tour Live-Blog

The Guardian is running a live-blog that is now dedicated to chronicling Mitt Romney’s embarrassment tour and the British public’s reactions to it.

My favorite parts

The Mitt Romney Summer 2012 World Tour to Three Countries is apparently having trouble moving tickets.

The London blogger Guido Fawkes reports that organizers of a Romney fundraising reception in the city this evening have slashed the original $2,500 ticket price to $1,000 for “a few last minute guests,” in an effort to drum up participation.

And from the Mayor of London speaking to at least 60,000 people

There are some people who are coming from around the world who don’t yet know about all the preparations we’ve done to get London ready in the last seven years. I hear there’s a guy called Mitt Romney who wants to know whether we’re ready. Are we ready?

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Epic Fail and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://profiles.google.com/angryliberal0 Teresa McCarthy-Greene

    Hahaha, the embarrassment tour is right, the Angles and the Saxon’s are very embarrassed right now, but why did Mitt leave our Jutes! God this whole thing makes me laugh so hard.

  • Todd Cline

    I though foreign money for use in U.S. Elections was forbidden? Or did Citizens United legalize that too?

      I think there’s a distinction (legally, if not ethically). Romney is selling tickets to an event and then taking the money that would’ve gone to him (his speaker fees, if you will) and giving it to his campaign. I believe what is illegal is foreign money being donated to a campaign directly. It would be kind of impossible to track it the looser way you’re applying it — for instance, suppose that Barack Obama wanted to take profits from foreign sales of his book and use them for his own campaign.

  • http://twitter.com/SugaRazor Razor

    Worst campaign ever.

    • D_C_Wilson

      And yet, nearly half of American voters are willing to vote for him solely based on the fact that he’s not Obama.

      • http://twitter.com/SugaRazor Razor

        Given the Obama hate in this country, this should be a slam dunk election for the GOP. Unfortunately for them (fortunately for reality), Romney is a pitiful excuse for a candidate.

        • Victor_the_Crab

          And yet, he’s the best the GOP could come up with to face Obama. Sad (in a schadenfreude type feeling).

  • http://www.intoxination.net intoxination

    Mittplomacy

  • http://twitter.com/YQRosie Stephen LaRose

    One of Rupert Murdoch’s London tabloids has given Romney a new nickname. Mitt The Twit.

    http://instagram.com/p/NlJrs-KiLv/