The IRS Isn’t Hitler. Yet.

Maine Governor Paul LePage has said and done some kooky things in the past, but this has me asking what the hell is wrong with this man?

Standing by Brock’s side at the Sheraton in South Burlington, the Maine governor said, “What I am trying to say is the Holocaust was a horrific crime against humanity and, frankly, I would never want to see that repeated. Maybe the IRS is not quite as bad — yet.”

LePage then said, “They’re headed in that direction.”

Asked if he had a sense of what the Gestapo did during the second world war, LePage said, “Yeah, they killed a lot of people.” Asked whether the IRS “was headed in the direction of killing a lot of people,” LePage answered: “Yeah.”

Someone has been reading too much Infowars and WorldNetDaily lately. Or maybe just the Drudge Report which is now regularly linking to Infowars and WorldNetDaily.

I don’t know what we would do if Paul LePage and Michele Bachmann, and her army of Obamacare-enforcing IRS stormtroopers, were unwilling to use their decoder rings for the forces of good.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • agrazingmoose

    These people can read?

  • http://macklyons.blogspot.com/ Mack Lyons

    “Obamacare-enforcing IRS stormtroopers.” *shakin’ my head*

    Seriously other than in the completely made up story about catching Capone called The Untouchables has any IRS employee ever killed anyone?

  • Victor_the_Crab

    It’s a shame the Daily Show is on hiatus right now. Jon Stewart would have definetly torn that fat bastard a new one with his crazyshit comments comparing the IRS to the Gestapo.