The Mitt Romney World Embarrassment Tour

Team Romney kicked off their overseas field trip with the mind-boggling “Anglo Saxon heritage” remarks, and as we enter the third day of the Romney World Embarrassment Tour, things do not appear to be getting any less facepalm-y.

Yesterday Team Romney complained about the relationship between President Obama and British Prime Minister David Cameron. Because two heads of state meeting each other is somehow suspicious

Today Mitt Romney solicited another round of facepalms when he bragged about meeting the head of MI-6.

And then there’s this

Romney expressed wariness over England’s ability to pull off the Olympics without a hitch, as well as reservations over security.

“You know, it’s hard to know just how well it were turn out — will turn out,” said Romney, who ran the 2002 Winter Olympic Games in Salt Lake City. “There are a few things that were disconcerting, the stories about the — private security firm not having enough people — the supposed strike of the immigration and customs officials, that obviously is not something which is encouraging.”

Romney apparently forgot he’s running for president, not CEO. Trash talking may play well in quiet rooms and at billionaire cocktail hour, but it’s not the best way to forge new relationships internationally.

David Cameron had a sharp — and hilarious — rebuttal for Mister Romney.

Cameron also fired back at Romney’s concerns over security, and suggested British officials were dealing with more complex issues than Romney faced when he ran the show. “We are holding an Olympic Games in one of the busiest, most active, bustling cities anywhere in the world,” Cameron said. “Of course it’s easier if you hold an Olympic Games in the middle of nowhere.”

Carry on, Team Romney.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Epic Fail and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • agrazingmoose

    After his meeting with Cameron today he continued his ridiculous comments. Basically, he said that once the athletes take the stage no one will pay attention to the mistakes that were made.

    Then, he said something like” I am sure that I made some small mistakes when I was doing this job”.

  • burbank_burt

    Just like when he dissed those cookies . . .
    Romney is a doofus at all levels.
    http://i40.tinypic.com/2ldcevp.png

    • http://www.facebook.com/tom.shefchik Tom Shefchik

      Yes! My thought exactly. The author of the article above, JMA, said trash talk may work in the boardroom. Is that true? Does being an a-hole help?

      With all of RMoney’s ads taking Obama out of context I am convinced if he had any success at Bain or the Olympics it was because he is a liar and a cheat.

  • hanadora444

    Well, I guess I was right. My friend always says that Romney can’t deal sensibly with average people and only can relate to big shots. I’ve always felt that this man is so socially inept that he can’t relate sensibly to anyone at all, be they powerful, rich, or ordinary. I win.

  • D_C_Wilson

    All part of his election strategery. Bush showed us that if you want the neocon vote, you have to show utter contempt for all ferreners, even those you consider to be your “special” friends.

  • Chachizel

    There is no way this clown wins in November….but then again. Sigh

  • labman57

    - Imply that the POTUS is inherently incapable of relating to anyone with an “anglo-saxon heritage”
    - Diss the London Olympic Committee … just before visiting London
    - Be clueless regarding the roles and titles of dignitaries to whom you are being introduced
    - Publicly discuss secret meetings with British Intelligence

    Mitt is simply demonstrating his interpretation of “American exceptionalism”.

    When it comes to matters of international relations and diplomacy, Romney is vying for the title of “dumber” to complement GWB’s apt moniker of “dumb”.

    This is what happens when your foreign affairs expertise is limited to knowing the best locations to hide your wealth.

    Romney to foreign policy advisors:
    “Those English folks just don’t get me. Next time, start me off with a nation that is more like America … like Hawaii.”

  • mrbrink

    “private security firm not having enough people…”

    That’s absolutely correct. It was the private sector that failed to meet security demand and it was the government that was left to pick up the pieces. Just like healthcare. Retirement security. Infrastructure. Unemployment.

  • Lazarus Durden

    I have it on good authority that Romney’s Agricultural Adviser informed him that Brawndo has what plants crave.