There's Gonna Be Fireworks

Some animated nostalgia.

Happy Fourth! Don’t blow your fingers off.

And Happy Birthday to Mr. J.M. Ashby, my partner in outrage here. Give a cheer for Ashby in the comments. It’s an honor to share this space with a man of his insight, talent and tenacity. Thank you for everything, my friend.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Patriotism and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • GeneralLerong

    “Give a cheer for Ashby in the comments.”

    Is a virtual WOO-HOOOO and high five acceptable? Plus a vicarious pull from the keg?

    Dude’s brilliant, no shit.

  • http://www.osborneink.com OsborneInk

    I’m really glad you have Ashby on board here, Bob.

  • Bob McIntosh

    Happy Birthday, Ashby!

  • JMAshby

    Thanks Bob and thank you to everyone who visits here every day.

  • http://twitter.com/ifnotwinter Joy H.

    Happy Birthday, Ashby! YOU are awesome.

  • Dan_in_DE

    Happy birthday, Ashby :) Enjoy the festivities!!

  • eljefejeff

    Happy Birthday Ashby and thanks for your contributions to the GD Awesome blog! You’re way way way better than that crazy firebagger who preceded you. I can’t even remember his name, probably a good thing.

  • mrbrink

    Thank you for being born, Ashby. I’m not surprised that Bob totally undersold it, so I ordered up a national day of fireworks and sticky celebration for the occasion, but then some big tough shit named America put down a bigger deposit, or something. It’s all politics.

    They should at least rename Hardin Memorial Hospital The Jordan Ashby Honorary Awesome Baby Factory. I’m open to other suggestions, though, as long as they’re not ridiculously unrealistic.

    Happy Birthday, Duder. May all your wings take dream.

  • muselet

    Happy birthday, Ashby!

      Liked for posting a Bloom County strip.

  • lorraine olk

    Happy B’day Jim. All good things to you. Read all that you write here, makes my day sometimes. Keep going!

  • atlavely

    Happy birthday, JM. A pleasure to read you when and as you post.

  • nathkatun7

    Happy Birthday J.M. Ashby! It must be wonderful to have the same birthday as the country. Thank you also for all your brilliant posts.

  • rikyrah

    Happy B-Day JM Ashby

  • Victor_the_Crab

    It’s JM’s Birrrrth-Day, his Buh-B-Buh Birrrrth-Day!

    Have a good one Ash.

    You really do rock, Ashby! Hope you had a wonderful birthday, and a fun day.

  • agrazingmoose

    Happy B-day JM!

  • Michael Schwartz
  • D_C_Wilson

    Happy Birthday, J.M.

    Funny thing, it’s also my mother’s birthday.

    In under the wire? Happy birthday, Ashby!

  • bphoon

    Yea!!

  • MrDHalen

    Happy Birthday Ashby!!!