This Guy Ran the Country for Eight Years

I give you George W. Bush describing his time as the leader of the free world:

“Eight years was awesome, and I was famous and I was powerful.”

And that’s precisely why he ran for president in the first place.

All that stuff we said and wrote about him from 2000 through 2008? Totally vindicated.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in George W. Bush and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • JMAshby

    Awesome. Famous. Powerful.

    Awesome for him, maybe. Famous for the wrong reasons perhaps. And not because he was the president. Powerful? Yes, abusively so.

    Almost a Conan the Barbarian level of eloquence… almost.

  • Ipecac

    Are we sure that wasn’t Will Farrell doing his Bush impression?

    Yikes.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Douchebag! What a fucking delusional piece of shit this American nightmare is. This sociopathic fucktard damaged everything the United States stood for and has shown no regrets doing so whatsoever. That blight needs to suffer death by a thousand bitchslaps.

  • Lazarus Durden

    “There’s an old saying in Tennessee — I know it’s in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can’t get fooled again.” – George W. Bush

    • jjasonham

      Haha! I was reading this without noticing the quotes, and as I progressed through the statement I was like, “what the hell is Lazarus trying to say??”. Then I saw that it was a quote from W and did a huge forehead slap. Seriously, my whole body would be tense every time I heard him start to speak. I was just so mortified.

      • Lazarus Durden

        Well to be fair I do sound like him in RL. It gets confusing sometimes.

        “Hey have you talked to Dave lately?”

        “Deep in my heart I know the man is on the run, if he’s alive at all. Who knows if he’s hiding in some cave or not; we haven’t heard from him in a long time. And the idea of focusing on one person is — really indicates to me people don’t understand the scope of the mission.”

        “Wait… Are you talking about Dave or Osama Bin Laden?”

        “Dave. Bin Laden’s dead man.”

    • Draxiar

      I think the Obama camp should have this on a loop and put Romney’s face over it!

    • Draxiar

      I couldn’t resist…

      *salute*

    He must think that people have forgotten what a terrible president he was. Sorry Jr, your place as the worst president ever has been set, and will not be taken from you any time soon.

  • Lazarus Durden

    LOL Bravo! Yeah because a Bush third term… No thanks.

  • gescove

    I now officially loathe that S.O.B. on a molecular level.

  • Brutlyhonest

    Anyone paying attention knew he was an intellectual lightweight. The cowboy persona used to hide his Yankee frat-boy reality was a bit easier to sell because of his slowness. That is also what made him the perfect front for uncle dick and the other neocons; they couldn’t have asked for a more malleable piece of clay.

    Rush Limbaugh attacks Batman, John McCain calls Sarah Palin a better candidate than Mitt, who flat-out admitted that he won’t release his tax returns because it contains stuff that will be used against him, Michele Bachmann accuses Hillary Clinton of being an Islamist sleeper agent, John Sununu didn’t say the N-word but he sure was thinking it awfully loudly, and now this. Did Republicans decide to hold a stupid-off today?

    • Lazarus Durden

      Nah it’s been going on for awhile now. They were just “in the zone” today.

    Infamous, yes. Famous, not so much.