This Man is a Supreme Court Justice

Justice Antonin Scalia revealed his anger-management coping mechanism during an interview with C-SPAN which will air on Sunday.

“I’m sensitive because … judges ought to express their views on the law in their opinions,” Scalia said. “I also don’t like drawing the courts into the political maelstrom by, you know, having their opinions repeatedly pawed over; especially the controversial ones.” [...]

“We get clobbered by the press all the time,” the associate justice said. “I can’t tell you how many wonderful letters I’ve written to the Washington Post, for my own satisfaction, and then ripped up and thrown away.”

Now I have this vision of a hunched over Scalia, armed with an antique quill, furiously penning anti-”liberal media” screeds on parchment amidst the ambiance of Fox News. He’d cross the Ts and dot the Is and apply his custom letter seal before promptly setting the letter on fire. Then it would be time to feed the pigeons.

Or perhaps he trolls internet comments threads like everyone else. You never know.

    Hey, Tony, if you’re trolling here, I’d just like to give you a hearty “FUCK YOU”.

  • http://twitter.com/damspahn Dam Spahn

    This must be the most blatantly corrupt, bought-off SCOTUS in history. Scalia and his dog pack behave like the spoiled cronies of some tin-pot dictator, fearless and beyond consequence. They will be remembered as the linchpin of this country’s demise into a feeble corporatocracy, despised the world over.

  • http://twitter.com/PabonMatriarch Albie Y. Pabon

    Did you note that he has shown his distaste for the Constitution by admitting that he dislikes the SCOTUS opinions gone over with a fine toothed comb? Scalia is showing that he does not approve of transparency of the Court. This from member, a lifetime member! Scary thought that this man makes decisions that will affect you, your kids, their kids and on down the line.

  • i_a_c

    I think Scalia may have been one of our rightwing trolls that appeared last night.

    • muselet

      Nah, RoadtoFreedom isn’t Scalia: Roadie’s posts aren’t flecked with nearly enough spittle.

      –alopecia

  • agrazingmoose

    I think that he spends his spare time shooting squirrels from his back porch and mumbling something about how much more fun it was to spend time with Cheney than it is with the Koch brothers.

  • muselet

    “I also don’t like drawing the courts into the political maelstrom by, you know, having their opinions repeatedly pawed over; especially the controversial ones.”

    That is the feeblest thing I’ve read in a long time.

    –alopecia