Wasteful (and offensive) Spending

Listen up ladies — if you’re having a hard time finding a job right now, according to New York State Senator Marty Golden (R) it’s because you’re not feminine enough! And out of the goodness of his heart, he’s going to spend taxpayer money to teach you how to “sit, stand and walk like a model.”

As part of a summer series on career development directed at his female constituents, Golden is hosting a taxpayer-funded event called “Posture, Deportment and the Feminine Presence” on July 24. Golden promises to teach Bay Ridge women “the art of feminine presence,” which includes tips on how to “sit, stand and walk like a model” and “walk up and down a stair elegantly.”

Golden defended the workshop as simply a way to help women get jobs in a tough market.

Wasting taxpayer dollars while also feigning concern for the jobless and displaying how misogynistic you are is awfully efficient.

And by that I mean Marty Golden is a damn embarrassment.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in War On Women and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    Jeezus…

  • http://twitter.com/SugaRazor Razor

    So… another closeted Republican?

  • mrbrink

    I’ll bet the advanced course on fetching coffee and answering to “toots” for less pay will open up some doors and shatter some glass ceilings.

  • http://www.facebook.com/chez.pazienza Chez Pazienza

    I don’t know, man. You ever met any women from Bay Ridge?

    • D_C_Wilson

      I have.

      This year is our 20th anniversary. And if you ever said she wasn’t feminine, she’d totally kick your ass.

  • bphoon

    Dude’s been watching too much “Mad Men”…

  • Lazarus Durden

    LOL! Life is so fucking absurd. Wow.