Wave Bye-Bye to the Whimsical Jalopy

Nebraska officially ended the pipe dream of a Ron Paul nomination:

The Nebraska Republican Party gathered over the weekend to decide how many states delegates would be apportioned to the Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney and how many would go to perpetual underdog Ron Paul. Paul’s supporters were hoping the Texas congressman would win a plurality of delegates, thereby qualifying him to be placed into contention as a party nominee at the Republican National Convention next month. Paul only won two of the 35 delegates up for grabs, meaning Paul’s name will not be in the pool.

Time for Paulites to go back to hunting Bigfoot, chasing hobbits and staking out Area 51.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Election 2012 and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • chris castle

    Bigfoot’s real.

  • Ned F

    Wish I could post a picture here of the Ron Paul Shrine in my neighborhood. I’m sure it will remain till 2016.

  • http://twitter.com/JimmyAbra Jimmy Abraham

    ..but as his followers say, it is more about the message for the future…what puzzles me, every Paul supporter I know is a very conservative Christian and very active in their religion (note to clarify ambiguity…”religion” is actual Christian religion not Paul religion). The “message” is very selfish and very “anti-Christ”.

      Yeah, I’ve noticed that too. Many of them will try to “recruit” you to both Paul and Jesus at the same time. It gives me the heeby jeebies when they do that. And using logic in conversations with them…completely useless.

  • Lazarus Durden

    NOOOOO!!! You mean we can’t go back to the Gold Standard, Polio, Child Labor, Women not being able to vote, and Segregation? How will America survive?!?

    • MrDHalen

      No, the GOP still considers those apart of their vision for America’s future.

      • D_C_Wilson

        Yeah, but you can forget about legalizing heroin.

        • MrDHalen

          Yea, I guess that Gold Standard thing is out as well. :-)

  • http://twitter.com/Zirgar Zirgar

    I shot and ate a Paulite once; mostly gristle and delusion.

    • D_C_Wilson

      You’d think with all the hemp they consume, they’d be high in fiber.

  • http://www.osborneink.com OsborneInk

    You forgot one Ron Paulite activity: showing up at progressive events to shout “9/11 was an inside job!” while the real progressives get arrested.

  • muselet

    This was hardly unexpected, but it’s still a bit disappointing. The thought of a contested convention, with the Paulites disrupting Mitt Romney’s coronation and getting into slanging matches with Tea Partiers, was almost enough to make me consider watching.

    Almost.

    –alopecia