We’re Giving Up

Apparently we’re giving up and abandoning the notion of a safe society. That’s the only conclusion I can draw from the creation of this video.

(h/t TPM)

“It may feel like just another day at the office but, occasionally, life feels more like an action movie than reality.”

Those are the opening lines of a new video produced by the City of Houston Mayor’s Office of Public Safety and Homeland Security. The 6-minute PSA, titled “RUN. HIDE. FIGHT. Surviving an Active Shooter Event,” features actors staging a workplace shooting, while a narrator offers tips to viewers.

Oh. Wow.

It may feel like an action movie to the shooter, but to the victims it just feels like hell. And unlike an action movie, you can’t hit the pause button while you hit the break room to search for improvised weapons.

“Run. Hide. Fight.” can now take its place among “duck and cover” and sticking your head between your knees and kissing your ass goodbye.

Good advice? Maybe. Depressing? You bet.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in End of America and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    Apparently we’re giving up and abandoning the notion of a safe society.

    That’s kind of what I take away from the video, too: “There will always be deranged guys armed with a brigade’s worth of weaponry, so here are some tips on how to survive the inevitable attack.”

    That seems an unhealthy attitude. Much better to keep weaponry out of the hands of the mentally unstable, methinks.

    –alopecia

  • http://twitter.com/kerryreid Kerry Reid

    What about duct tape and plastic sheeting? Is that still useful?