Worst Person in the World

Further solidifying Arizona’s ranking as the Crazy Capital of the U.S., former Arizona State Senator Russell Pearce posted a status update on The Facebook in which he wrote that the men in the Aurora theater weren’t manly enough — like the Flight 93 men who nearly thwarted the terrorists on that ill-fated flight.

I’m not making that up.

He wrote, “All that was needed is one Courages/Brave man prepared mentally or otherwise to stop this it could have been done.”

Not only is he thoughtlessly blaming the victims of the shooting, but evidently spelling and punctuation skills aren’t prerequisites for elected office in Arizona. Hey Pearce, be a “courages/brave” man and open a goddamn book it could have been done.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Guns and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://twitter.com/Zirgar Zirgar

    I can’t wait to hear what Ted “I rubbed my own shit all over myself in order to get out of using a gun in Vietnam” Nugent says about the massacre. He would’ve dumped an instant supply of pantaloon pudding if he was in that theatre, enough to rub on everyone there. These guys are all limp-dicked blowhards who sit back when there’s nothing to lose, talking tough, spewing macho all over the place, but turn tail and run at the first sign of trouble, or when their country makes a demand of them. I guess they’re just being fiscally responsible, since talk is cheap and actions are expensive. Some sort of Offset Cowardice. Or would it be Offset Bravery? Anyway, you get the idea.

      “pantaloon pudding” – frigging hysterical AND with alliteration ;)

      • http://twitter.com/Zirgar Zirgar

        Alliteration is my middle name but you can call me “Al.” And thanks!

  • Draxiar

    Bold words from a man who wasn’t under a storm of bullets.

  • muselet

    All right, Mr. Pearce, let’s talk courage, shall we? Steve Benen quotes Barack Obama, telling the story of two friends, Allie Young and Stephanie Davies, who were in the theater in Aurora:

    “When the gunman initially came in and threw the canisters, he threw them only a few feet away from Allie and Stephanie, who were sitting there watching the film. Allie stood up, seeing that she might need to do something or at least warn the other people who were there. And she was immediately shot. And she was shot in the neck, and it punctured a vein, and immediately she started spurting blood.

    “And apparently, as she dropped down on the floor, Stephanie — 21 years old — had the presence of mind to drop down on the ground with her, pull her out of the aisle, place her fingers over where she — where Allie had been wounded, and applied pressure the entire time while the gunman was still shooting. Allie told Stephanie she needed to run. Stephanie refused to go — instead, actually, with her other hand, called 911 on her cell phone.

    “Once the SWAT team came in, they were still trying to clear the theater. Stephanie then, with the help of several others, carries Allie across two parking lots to where the ambulance is waiting. And because of Stephanie’s timely actions, I just had a conversation with Allie downstairs, and she is going to be fine.”

    That’s courage, Mr. Pearce.

    –alopecia

    • http://twitter.com/Zirgar Zirgar

      Amen.

    • Lazarus Durden

      I’m former US Marine. I’ve never served in combat though I’ve had friends who have. I’ve taken martial arts, and I can handle a firearm with pretty good accuracy. I also consider myself fairly mentally tough.

      I can only hope that in a situation like this I show as much courage as Allie Young and Stephanie Davies. That’s bravery. That’s courage. Mine has never been tested like that. No matter what they do for the rest of their lives they are people of quality because when the world collapsed each was more concerned about the other then their own self.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Ah they ain’ta count ‘cuz them’s just a pair a’ girly gurlz so they ain’t real tough like that there Russel Pearce with his strong talking and his crotch thrustin’ a’ whut he sez is his huge penis.
      [/sarcasm]

  • Madam1

    Yes, it would have been much better that night if numerous people had guns so an old school gun fight broke out in a crowded theater. Especially since the shooter was wearing bullet proof everything, including a helmet. It seems to me that the idiots making this argument are on a strict electrolyte diet.

    • Michael Schwartz

      Electrolytes have what dumbstupid’s crave.

  • http://twitter.com/Zirgar Zirgar

    Wouldn’t it have been awesome if an openly gay guy shot back in self-defense and killed the shooter? I’d love it just to see all those right wingers’ heads exploding trying to make sense of it.

  • http://twitter.com/themattmcd Matt McDaniel

    I guess the soldiers at Fort Hood were cowards, too.

    Three of the dead were members of the Armed Forces. I guess they just weren’t courages enough for Mr. Pearce. Why does Mr. Pearce hate the troops?