A Wink and a Nod

According to Newt Gingrich, there’s no proof that President Obama wants to give people welfare checks for doing nothing, but he knows it’s true in his heart.

From his appearance on Anderson Cooper 360 last night

COOPER: I want to just try to clarify this. You do think that the actual wording under Obama’s plan, you wouldn’t have to work, you wouldn’t have to train for a job, they just send you your welfare check, that is not factually correct?

GINGRICH: We have no proof today, but I would say to you under Obama’s ideology it is absolutely true that he would be comfortable sending a lot of people checks for doing nothing. I believe that totally.

You have to understand the president’s Kenyan anti-colonial views to decipher his true intentions.

Or in other words — he’s blackety black ya’ll.

Gingrich knows exactly what he’s saying.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Racism and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • i_a_c

    And then there’s this gem from deadbeat dad Joe Walsh.

    The GOP can’t run on their deeply unpopular policies so all they have are Southern Strategy dogwhistles and voter disenfranchisement.

      As it has been thus for decades, and there have been R’s in the White House and R’s running Houses of Congress, I’d say it’s working.

    • D_C_Wilson

      As one of the posters there said:

      In fairness to Joe Walsh, “son” is what he calls the people he doesn’t give money to.

    Ashby, it’s so awesome that you used that clip….”He’s Bleck!” with that guy’s voice, accent and all, is what I hear in my head every single time I hear someone sound those dog whistles or bitching about welfare queens or spreading lies about black panther voter intimidation, etc, etc. :)

  • zirgar

    Yeah, but what you have to understand is that the GOP is only saying and doing racist stuff because President Obama is black, and if he wasn’t, then they wouldn’t. So it’s his fault.

  • zirgar

    Also, more like a (hood)wink and a N(imr)od.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    Just a variation on Limbaugh; “We know he thinks it anyway…”

    The GOP and the Right’s entire case for itself is based on mind-reading a fictional character.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Republicans are so used to putting words in the mouths of democrats that don’t have to waste time actually reading their proposals! Who cares if what they say he really means doesn’t match up with reality? They’re creating their own reality.

  • http://twitter.com/KenInCO Ken Johnson