Bring Your Racists. And Your Birthers.

They say this is a joke. If that’s true, it’s a terrible, bad, racist joke.

Romney: No one’s ever asked to see my birth certificate. They know that this is the place that we were born and raised.

Get it? No one has ever asked to see my birth certificate! ‘Cause I’m white! Ha!

I don’t believe that was a joke.

The tone of his voice implies it wasn’t intended to be a laugh-line, and the crowd certainly didn’t take it as such. They didn’t laugh. They cheered. Just listen to them. That line solicited the biggest cheers.

Limbaugh, meanwhile, thinks it’s awesome!

Limbaugh: Right on! Right on! Right on!

This isn’t so much a dogwhistle as it is an air-horn shoutout to racists, birthers, and conspiracy theorists. And Donald Trump. Trump probably has a hardon for Mitt today.

Also — the president’s beliefs are foreign, he wants to give you welfare for nothing, he wants to “rob” you of your Medicare, and he needs to take his anger and hate back to Chicago where he belongs.

There’s a pattern here.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Racism and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • zirgar

    I wonder if GOP politicians ever get tired of having to drop their pants and do a handstand in order for their words to come out of their mouths completely unobstructed…

  • i_a_c

    And what does Andrea Mitchell on the “liberal” MSNBC have to say about this?

    Obama made a Seamus the dog joke once, so both sides are the same!

    The only thing more sickening than Romney’s racist smear campaign is the complicit media.

  • Chachizel

    I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, if you consider yourself an “independent”, and you vote for Romney, then you are NOT an independent. You are a knuckle dragging, wing nut, tea bagging Republican

  • Victor_the_Crab

    There is no bottom Mitt Romney will hit in order to please the racists on the right.