Conspiracy Theory

Speaking of eliminationism in Texas…

Texas Judge Tom Head is convinced that if the president is re-elected he’s going to call in the U.N. usurp your freedoms, and he’s ready join the rebellion to stop them! WOLVERINES!

[Obama] is going to try to hand over the sovereignty of the United States to the UN. Okay, what’s going to happen when that happens? I’m thinking worst case scenario here. Civil unrest, civil disobedience, civil war maybe. We’re not just talking a few riots here and demonstrations. We’re talking Lexington-Concord take up arms and get rid of the guy.

Now what’s going to happen if we do that, if the public decides to do that? He’s going to send in U.N. troops — with the little blue beanies. I don’t want ‘em in Lubbock County. Okay. So I’m going to stand in front of their armored personnel carrier and say ‘you’re not coming in here’. “And the sheriff, I’ve already asked him, I said ‘you gonna back me’ he said, ‘yeah, I’ll back you.’

And this man is a sitting judge who determines the fate of the accused.

The idea that the president is going to hand over sovereignty to the U.N. and call in U.N. troops to subdue Americans is a conspiracy theory straight out of the mouth of Alex Jones, and it’s part of a larger theme of world government takeover. Opposing the coming U.N. takeover is the mission statement of the self-titled Oathkeepers and it’s what drives so-called sovereign citizens into their tree houses.

This belief is barely outside the mainstream at this point thanks in part to the ascendance of the Tea Party in 2010, although it’s most commonly referred to with buzzwords such as “one world government” and “new world order.”

It requires a very large leap of faith to believe, as does believing chicken-hawk Judge Tom Head would stand in front of an APC and say you shall not pass! A soiling of his britches seems more likely to me.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • rob black

    …and Lubbock is a college town (Texas Tech). This moron judge probably got his law degree there. How could anyone go through college, law school…and some sort of legal career leading to becoming a judge…and fall for this “agenda 21″ crap. That the president could sign international treaties that would supersede domestic laws or call in U.N. troops …children wouldn’t buy that horse shit! Just another elite cracker in stupidville trying to rile up the rabble.

  • gescove

    He managed to say seditious things without actually being guilty of sedition. Clever judge.

    it’s what drives so-called sovereign citizens into their tree houses.

    Nah, these fuckers are completely out of their (collective) tree.

  • MrDHalen

    This is why we can’t have nice things!!!

    Angry entitled white men are going to try and rip this country to shreds before they ever let it be what the founding documents meant it to be.

  • Username1016

    You know, if Obama makes it through his second term with no assassination attempts, it’ll be no thanks to these idiots. I worry about him! There are a lot of armed crazy people out there who just HATE him, for no good reason.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Except for the color of his skin.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Wasn’t Texas’ Louie Gohmert also a judge? It would certainly explain a lot of what gors on down there.

  • nathkatun7

    If there was away of curving out some of the progressive Texas cities like Austin, Houston and others I personally wouldn’t mind seeing the rest of Texas seceding this time.

  • muselet

    He’s going to send in U.N. troops ….

    The UN doesn’t have troops.

    And the sheriff, I’ve already asked him, I said ‘you gonna back me’ he said, ‘yeah, I’ll back you.’

    Uh-huh, sure. Assume your weird, impossible, worst fear actually came to pass and you were faced with a couple of hundred heavily-armed soldiers with tanks and who can radio for air support if they need to do so. You and a bunch of overweight, under-trained sheriff’s deputies with an APC are going to face them down? Judge Head, you have a very rich fantasy life.

    I’m beginning to think Red Dawn should be classified as the cultural equivalent of a Schedule I drug: high abuse potential, no legitimate use, unsafe.

    One small correction, Ashby, in the interest of accuracy. TPM:

    Head’s role as judge is an elected position akin to executive of the county commission, which is known as a court. He presides over commission meetings, prepares the budget and is in charge of the county’s emergency management.

      Republicans always have difficulty telling fiction from reality. They think Red Dawn is a war documentary, Atlas Shrugged is an economics textbook, and 1984 is a how-to book.

      • muselet

        Yep, and The Handmaid’s Tale is a book of instructions.

        Oh, and Ronald Reagan was a great president.

          Funny you should mention Atwood’s novel…a friend asked me if I had required reading for my staff, ala Ryan and Ayn Rand, what book would I choose. For me it was a toss up between The Handmaid’s Tale and The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire.

      • bphoon

        And “24″ was a reality show…

  • D_C_Wilson

    Louie “Terror Babies” Ghomert used to be a judge, too. What are the standards for becoming a judge in Texas? Send in the box tops?