Fox News Gets Their Wish

A week after Fox News revealed the identity of the Navy SEAL writing a book about his participation in the Bin Laden raid, the Department of Defense is now threatening the writer with legal action.

(Reuters) – The Pentagon warned on Thursday that it was considering legal action against a former U.S. Navy SEAL for material breach of non-disclosure agreements with his first-hand account of the raid that killed Osama bin Laden.

In a letter obtained by Reuters, and subsequently released by the Pentagon, the Pentagon’s top attorney said the Department of Defense was also considering legal action against anyone “acting in concert” with the author. It hinted that the book’s royalties might be subject to government claims.

Whether or not it was appropriate for “Owen” to be writing the book, this was Fox News’ wish and their wish has been granted. Fox “News,” a supposed news organization, is responsible for preventing this book about the raid from being written.

Any other network would be envious or jealous of the book’s publisher, wishing that they had been the ones to obtain it, but not Fox News. Because Fox News is a political operation.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in The Media and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    Ashby, sorry, but I disagree in that writing that book was a violation of the non-disclosure agreement that all SEALs sign prior to service. Who cares about Fox News other than that they were irresponsible sociopaths for revealing the guy’s real identity?

    The Pentagon should be going after him, and he would be wise to listen, IMO.

    • JMAshby

      That’s not the point. I won’t even pretend to have the definitive answer on whether or not he should write it.

      The point is Fox News, where journalism supposedly takes place, outted someone else’s source. It’s grossly unethical and I believe it was done for political reasons.

      If he announced that he was writing a book to say the raid was poorly handled, Fox would have shielded his identity.

        Asby, I think you’re right…they would have held this SEAL up as some paragon of virtue of he had been critical of the Pres but since the book made the Pres look good, they putted him. The actual law and ethics be damned.

        Oh, never mind. I must be reading your post with extra words or something. Just ignore me. :)

      • D_C_Wilson

        If he announced that he was writing a book to say the raid was poorly handled, Random House (Murdoch’s book publishing company) would have given him a contract with a huge advance.

        In Foxworld, there are only two kinds of people: Conservatives and the Enemy. And they will destroy the enemy at all costs.

  • QueBarbara

    I’m unable to parse this post. I must be missing some back story. What was Fox News’ wish? And wasn’t the book already written?

      The book was written, published but not yet released to the public, I think. Fox wished that the book would never see the light of day because it would have made the Pres. look good. Fox knew the author’s true identity and purposely outed him knowing that his life would be endangered by Al Qaeda and other muslim extremists AND that the Military would go after him too. All that Fox wanted has come to pass it seems.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Murdoch, Ailes, and their cronies need to to be put to death by a thousand bitchslaps.