Gingrich Campaigning for Veep with Race-Baiting, McCarthyism

My Thursday column answers the question: Why is Gingrich’s bulbous head in the news this week?

You can tell it’s August in a general election year because Republican A-listers are jumping through Flaming Hoops of Crazy in order to be considered for the job of wingnut red meat chucker for the next four years.

Take Newt Gingrich for example. Since he dropped out of the race, the level of race baiting and far-right zealotry has easy back a few notches.

Until yesterday.

Suddenly, and for no apparent reason, BLAM! Newt and his bulbous marshmallow-shaped head re-emerged from hiding and blanketed the news — firing his cartoony supersoaker filled with piss and vinegar at everything brown and liberal. Continue reading here…

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in The Daily Banter and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • zirgar

    The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and the Hermeneutics of Hate.

      15 pts for using hermeneutics in a sentence!

    • muselet

      Worst. Comic book. Ever.

    It pisses me off that this reptile breathes the same air as I do.

  • D_C_Wilson

    This must be how he’s working off his campaign debt.

    Wonder if any reporter will have the balls to ask him about the time he called Mitt a liar and what happened to change his mind since then.

    Interesting article, Bob, and a substantial argument for Newt’s VP nod. But I think it is going to be Portman. Think about it–he is douchey enough to fit the ticket; he doesn’t have a personality so he won’t upstage Romney’s lack of humanity; and he is a Washington insider who goes right back to his day job after he and Willard lose. It’s a win win!

  • muselet

    Newt Gingrich is not angling for VP.

    Okay, sure, he needs to find a paying gig pretty soon—when Newt, Inc. went tits-up, it blew a big hole in his personal finances—but vice president? There wouldn’t be nearly enough opportunities for him to bloviate about his alleged Big Ideas. Newt wants to be Secretary of Very Serious Stuff and talk about Mars bases and legalizing child labor, not be VP go to state funerals.

    More likely he’s auditioning for a primetime speaking slot at the convention. He’s been making a hash of it, but he’s still in there trying, bless his (black, flabby, little) heart.

    I’d call him an attention whore, but that would be an insult to whores.

      Plus, he apparently loathes Romney on a personal level. I can’t see them working together at all.

      Interesting though, that he’s on CNN now. I guess his whining about favoritism on Fox has left him still persona non grata there.

  • KanaW

    “you can bet on Gingrich jumping onto the pile faster than he jumps onto new wives. ”

    Ewwww. Please pass the brain bleach for that mental picture . . .