Huckabee: Rape Babies Aren’t So Bad

Mike Huckabee wants you to know that rape has lead to some extraordinary people, so don’t look a gift-rape in the mouth. Or something.

“Ethel Waters, for example, was the result of a forcible rape,” Huckabee said of the late American gospel singer. One-time presidential candidate Huckabee added: “I used to work for James Robison back in the 1970s, he leads a large Christian organization. He, himself, was the result of a forcible rape. And so I know it happens, and yet even from those horrible, horrible tragedies of rape, which are inexcusable and indefensible, life has come and sometimes, you know, those people are able to do extraordinary things.”

So rape does lead to pregnancy? Now I’m really confused.

It’s horrible, and inexcusable, and indefensible but, you know, god works in mysterious ways! Hallelujah!

Have a chicken sandwich with me. For Jesus.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • AreYouGonnaEatThat

    Hey, everyone! There’s an upside to rape! Thanks, Huckabee!

  • http://www.dlancystreet.com reginahny

    And consensual sex has led to some extraordinarily idiotic people. Drops the mic.

  • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_KQVTT3LNW5O3R26AG2RLIFWYZQ Lunatics

    Yes, Mr. Huckabee, those born from rape can lead good lives. Just like those born from completely legitimate marriage-only sex can be murderers and criminals. So…what’s your point, exactly? Stop mucking up the argument with irrelevent examples that prove nothing.

  • ArrogantDemon

    And how many psychos and mass murderers come from this as well and have their mothers hate and abuse them due to the fact they’re a reminder of that horrible situation?

    Rape babies are not gift, you freaks

  • Zen Diesel

    I think I will just craft me a heavy duty aluminum foil helmet and sit on my couch and wait for the space engineers to arrive here this November….lol. The Republicans have totally gone so far off the rails with religion, guns, abortion, personhood, and civil rights. This has been the craziest election cycle I have seen in my lifetime.

  • Brutlyhonest

    Why you people don’t listen to me? I told you the other day that the kind and loving jeebusbaby wouldn’t let servants of tehDevil rape you unless it was for a good reason!

  • Lazarus Durden

    I can’t even mock this anymore. It’s just too insane. I’m truly at a loss for words.

    • Draxiar

      Lazarus, I’m with you. I’ve written but not posted about 4 different responses today and only kept one (first post of the day). None of them could capture the truly baffling ideaology at work here. The more baffling thing of it is that people vote for and embrace this bullshit.

      • Lazarus Durden

        Yup. I’ve been saying to my friends for a few years now that the GOP has become a cult, a fundamentalist religion. Having grown up around that I know that it doesn’t have an end point. It keeps going. It becomes more and more severe because people are always trying to prove their faith.

        This is the logical conclusion of that. One positive note that might come out of all of this is the coalition between fundamentalist evangelicals and pro business people might come to an end in the GOP. I won’t hold my breath, and I don’t really want a defection to our side but I’d settle for a fracturing.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Why, oh fucking why, do Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert need to take a week off?

  • muselet

    Mike Huckabee is an idiot.

    –alopecia

    (What, you were expecting more?)

    • Lazarus Durden

      A pejorative would’ve been apt. It’s still spot on though.

  • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000494583886 Holly Gilham Woodruff

    This is the best thing I have read all day on this subject.

  • http://www.aquariusmoon.info CarolDuhart

    And if it weren’t for him letting out that guy who killed those 4 cops, he would be the nominee this year. That’s how crazy it’s gotten on the Republican side.

  • http://www.aquariusmoon.info CarolDuhart

    Sometimes you get better things from armed robbery when the insurance check goes through and you can buy newer and better stuff. But it’s still armed robbery.

    And by the way, what’s the gift for men who get raped?

  • D_C_Wilson

    Why does he keep using that “forcible” qualifier? Forcible is not any better than “legitimate”!

    • Brutlyhonest

      Forcible vs statutory. Doesn’t make him less of an idiot though.