Idiot Quote of the Day

I agree with Josh Marshall of Talking Points Memo who says this is the “stupidest thing I ever heard.”

Democrats wish they had the diversity of speakers and deep bench [of the GOP] to show America -Chuck Todd on the RNC

Democrats wish they had the diversity of the GOP? I think you may have it backwards, Chuck.

This is what passes for wisdom inside the beltway and perhaps the Dick Morris School of Non-Observation. Todd is clearly following the bullshit-artist model pioneered by Mark Halperin. It’s a golden ticket into the Hall of the Very Serious.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Quote and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Victor_the_Crab

    This message is for Chuck Todd:

  • i_am_allwrite

    If James O’Keefe got all up in Shaquille O’Neal’s face saying, “You WISH you had a dick this big!” that would be stupider. Maybe.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      James O’Keefe wishes his dick was bigger than a hamster’s.

  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Shaun-Dudley/1175760151 Shaun Dudley

    What the hell happened to Chuck Todd. I remember him being the sane, level-headed numbers guy back in 2007-2008. Are open bars, and being treated by politicians with less contempt than you deserve really worth it? Do they use Jameson’s in the well drinks, or something? Do Republicans have weed THAT good?

    If I had been asked to guess who wrote this dumbfuck tweet, it’d be

    1. Jonah Goldberg (not like he has any professional reputation anyway))

    2. Donald Trump (a bottomless well of Stupid)

    3. Juan Williams (angling for his own regular prime-time hour on Fox: Dignity For Sale w/ Juan Williams.)

    Teary-eyed Erin Burnett did it for me. I know Tampa is my hometown and all, but fer fuck’s sake, where’s a Rogue Nation ICBM when you need one?

    • i_am_allwrite

      It wasn’t a tweet. The words–and other equally dumb ones–actually came out of his mouth.

      • http://www.facebook.com/people/Shaun-Dudley/1175760151 Shaun Dudley

        My Gods, that’s almost worse. It’s easy to Tweet dumb things. taptaptap-post-OMG did I really just do that! Saying it on national television implies a degree of forethought…

        Why did I decide to stop drinking during an election year?

        • JMAshby

          Looks like I picked a hell of a week to stop sniffin’ glue.

          • Brutlyhonest

            Best. Movie. Evah!

  • Brutlyhonest

    Not having to see tehTodd or that cymbals clapping monkey Gregory has driven me to cbs as the (slightly) lesser evil.

  • AJ Slemmer

    It was INCREDIBLY diverse at the RNC. White folks with lineages from all over Europe were represented there.

  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Kitty-Smith/100000047475312 Kitty Smith

    We’re talking about the same convention that looks like a mix of the KKK and the Hair Club for Men, right? Only with a bonus token black to prove how not racist they are.