Paul Ryan Affirms His ‘No Exceptions’ Abortion Policy

He’s finally on the record as the Republican vice presidential nominee. Paul Ryan doesn’t think rape should be an exception for abortion.

Paul Ryan has affirmed his own personal opposed to abortion even in the case of rape and incest for the first time since Todd Akin thrust the issue to the forefront of the national debate. But now that he’s Mitt Romney’s running mate, he says he’ll stand behind Romney’s position that abortion rights should be conferred to rape and incest victims, and mothers whose lives are at stake.

“I’m very proud of my pro-life record,” Ryan told WJHL-TV in Virginia Wednesday in an interview aired Thursday. “I’ve always adopted the idea, the position, that the method of conception doesn’t change the definition of life.”

This is the exact position held by Todd Akin. Ryan simply didn’t botch his word usage. He went on to say the Romney sets the policy as the would-be president. But what if something happened to Romney? Ryan, with his no-exceptions position, would set the policy.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Abortion and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • zirgar

    So the definition of “life” is rock solid, but the definition of “rape” isn’t. Good to know.

  • Brutlyhonest

    As if rmoney wouldn’t sign any anti-abortion legislation sent to him by a wingnut congress.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Paul Ryan’s position is as clear as a toilet bowl full of diahrrea.