Photo of the Day

“DREAMers” are lined up in Los Angeles for assistance with the deferment program recently announced by President Obama. Under the program, which goes into effect today, young immigrants will be granted a work permit without fear of deportation if they match certain criteria, such as a high school diploma.

While not perfect, the president’s power only goes so far without the approval of congress.

Here’s a shot of a much larger crowd in Chicago

And the Republicans believe they should all be kicked out of the country. No compromise.

(photos via Reuters)

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Photography and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • agrazingmoose

    Must stop chopping onions. I am tearing up.

    Kudos to our President.

      Yeah, this made me cry too! Good crying though. :)

  • agrazingmoose

    The thing that amazes me is that these young people want this so much and trust our government so much that they are willing to provide evidence of their illegal status to the federal government.

    Fingers crossed that they convince their legal friends to vote in November.

    • JMAshby

      Good point

  • D_C_Wilson

    Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the American dream.

    And the republican party’s worst nightmare.

  • Chachizel

    Wow…as a Mexican American myself, this really is beautiful. What a president we have!