Quote of the Morning

“There is no point to us going to a convention and pushing for this man if he is employing morons like this.” Ann Coulter on the Romney campaign

Yeah, Andrea Saul effed up by telling the truth about Romney’s chief accomplishment as governor of Massachusetts. But have they actually watched the candidate himself? He’s a jittery asshole who’s incapable of human emotion and comprehension. It’s ROMNEY they should be worried about, not his dingus campaign staffers.

  • http://twitter.com/GodIsDead Gern Blandston

    I heard that rant on your Geraldo segment yesterday. Um… is Ann ALWAYS like that? She can’t possibly be that angry all the time, no human heart could support it!

      Ann Coulter isn’t human.

    • zirgar

      Ann Coulter is the horrific offspring of an Afghan Hound and The Fountainhead, with none of the Afghan Hound’s beauty, intelligence and charm, but all of the God-awful shittiness of The Fountainhead.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Ann Coulter has a heart?!!

  • JackDaniel07

    *adam’s apple bobbing furiously*

      I’ve got to say that I’m more than a bit disappointed to see that not only has this comment stood for hours without being called, but that it has received likes.

      The obvious dog whistle is that Coulter is a cross-dresser or trans, and that that is somehow a bad thing. And in the very next post after Bob called out the Tea Party eliminationist language.

      Perhaps people feel uncomfortable calling out a “regular” like Jack but, really, we all need to think about such things before we say them. Also, I don’t think Jack is evil or anything… just that, maybe, he didn’t think beyond the cheap laugh.

        Huh?

      • JackDaniel07

        If you insist on dissecting what you admittedly recognize as a joke, please tell me exactly which part implies that being transgender or a cross dresser is a bad thing.

          All of it.

          The joke is that only men have adam’s apples, so Coulter is not a real woman, and that somehow makes her words less worthy. Or the joke is just simply, ‘She’s a trannie, har har.’ Which has absolutely no place in intelligent discourse.

          Ann Coulter is, in many ways, a vile and disgusting person, but her gender — just like any one else’s gender — has no relevance.

          Or look at it this way. What if Michelle Obama had said the quote and a commenter had said

          “*big ole lips flapping furiously*”

          It’s just a joke, right?

          • JackDaniel07

            Smoke a bongload Stretch
            if I offended you, or anyone else, with that remark — GOOD

          • Christina Jones

            Why would you be proud of making your transgender allies and friends feel bad? Why would you associate your transgender friends and allies with Ann Coulter?
            Because they are here, I’ll bet on it.

          • JackDaniel07

            To all of them, or anyone else so devoid of a sense of humor – as lowbrow as the one end of the spectrum is at times – that may take offense, I offer no apologies for what I said in what nobody here has denied was jest.
            Chris Christie is fat also, too.

          • http://www.facebook.com/people/Kitty-Smith/100000047475312 Kitty Smith

            Good comedy can be transgressive, and even lowbrow humor can be good.

            There’s a difference between being funny and being a giant asshole.

            For the love of fuck, shut up and stop digging.

          • http://www.facebook.com/people/Kitty-Smith/100000047475312 Kitty Smith

            Wow, you really are a colossal asshole.

          • JackDaniel07

            I accept your apology for all of our liberal brothers- (and sisters, don’t forget the sisters!) at-arms, who are surely here in the shadows of Cescaville too frightened to speak out against an established member, who are battling Sphincter Bursitis. I’m sorry you feel like its punchline worthy. Its ok folks, I’m sure she didn’t mean it.

          • Christina Jones

            Well, Kitty, I think we’ve passed the point of any chance of redeeming this situation and we can now go to commentary. What we’re seeing here is entitlement thinking and the need to remain ‘on top’ and show no sign of weakness. It’s crazy, I know, but some people actually think that it’s a sign of weakness to admit to a mistake and apologize for it.
            See, now, he’s in too deep. Several comments ago, he could’ve just said, “Wow. I didn’t think of it that way. My bad, sorry” and voila! Someone learned something and the world is a better place for all.
            Now, though, this is not possible–no one would buy it. And since we’ve seen the “I don’t care who I offended–I’m glad if I did” response and the “there’s nothing wrong with me and what I said, there’s something wrong with YOU for taking issue with it, next step is either the full-on flounce OR the ‘i’m sorry if YOU were offended’ non-apology apology followed by the full-on flounce. That’s my prediction, at any rate.

          • JackDaniel07

            You’re still predicting an apology eh? That’s your prediction is it?
            Well my prediction is that your next BonBon will finally tip you over the 300lb mark.

    I saw the afghan hound on a segment of the Daily Show Joh Stewart was showing from FOX and she was righteously pissed. She was going off on Hannity who I thought looked scared shitless. They were both ready to throw in the towel right then and there. This is just August, right? Heck, the GOP didn’t give up on Bob Dole until at least early October.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Obama 2, Romney/Fox News 0 in that opening segment last night.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Actually, it’s both. You’ve got Romney, who’s completely lost grip with reality, even by GOP standards, then you’ve got his staff with Ms. Saul and his Etch-A-Sketch touting campaign manager helping out with the fuck ups. All the money they and their allies raise can’t make this big turd smell like potpourri.

    Did anyone read the article that Bob linked to? Because, maybe my brain is foggy, but I am just not getting it (the article–not Bob’s post), and I’d like to know what the hell they’re talking about!

    • muselet

      Yeah, the Kos article wasn’t clearly written. The basic notion is that Ann Coulter’s outburst represented an on-air admission that FNC is merely the propaganda arm of the Republican Party, and that’s pretty much all there is to it.

      Of course, Jon Stewart got there first.

        Thanks, Alo. :)

        Hilarious Stewart segment!!

  • Lazarus Durden

    You know things are starting to make sense now. TPM had a great article about the right wingers in the party hamstringing Mitt. Bear with me but I wonder if Mitt Romney is such a horribly incompetent candidate after all. I think the Andrea Saul thing wasn’t a gaffee it was a floater. Sort of a test to see how the GOP base would react if Romney was able to talk about his one good legislative achievement.

    Think about it. You’re Mitt Romney. I know horrible thought, but you can’t run on your business record anymore, you can’t simply go negative all the time until November. You’ve got to run on something positive. So you float healthcare in Mass only. Unfortunately the base won’t let you, more to the point they don’t want you to be your own man.

    “We are not auditioning for fearless leader,” Grover Norquist told conservatives at the CPAC convention in February. “We don’t need a president to tell us in what direction to go. We know what direction to go. We want the Ryan budget. … We just need a president to sign this stuff. We don’t need someone to think it up or design it. The leadership now for the modern conservative movement for the next 20 years will be coming out of the House and the Senate.”

    Norquist went on: “Pick a Republican with enough working digits to handle a pen to become president of the United States. This is a change for Republicans: the House and Senate doing the work with the president signing bills. His job is to be captain of the team, to sign the legislation that has already been prepared.”

    Maybe Mitt is super awful bad because he can’t run the campaign he wants to run. If that’s true it means the GOP is even more unhinged then we know.

    http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/08/mitt-romney-paul-ryan-budget-conservatives-vice-president-health-care.php