Quote of the Week

“On the other hand, to anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to facts, Ryan’s speech was an apparent attempt to set the world record for the greatest number of blatant lies and misrepresentations slipped into a single political speech. On this measure, while it was Romney who ran the Olympics, Ryan earned the gold.

The good news is that the Romney-Ryan campaign has likely created dozens of new jobs among the legions of additional fact checkers that media outlets are rushing to hire to sift through the mountain of cow dung that flowed from Ryan’s mouth. Said fact checkers have already condemned certain arguments that Ryan still irresponsibly repeated.” Sally Kohn, FoxNews.com

Yes, that’s Fox News. Or at least it is until Sally Kohn is fired.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Election 2012 and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Draxiar

    As I wrote over at HuffPo:

    More and more people- journalists and fact checkers (that Romney and RAyn camp seem to find inconvenient)- are calling the GOTP out on their blatent lies and misinformation.

    The breaking of a dam begins with small cracks and drips of water which is only the slightest indication of what will soon follow.

  • mrbrink

    Thank you, Sally Kohn. That whole piece doesn’t fuck around.

    Honesty is a hell of a drug.

  • lib4

    Still up as of 724am EST. Obama campaign would be wise to use this article as their single cudgel against the blatent lies spewed by Paul Ryan.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    Sally Kohn is a “token liberal” over at Fox. She’s there, like Alan Colmes and Bob Beckel, so Fox can pretend it’s “fair and balanced.” This won’t gain any traction with anyone who doesn’t already know that the GOP and the Romney campaign’s entire case for themselves is based on lies.

  • http://JCohenMusic.com Justin Cohen

    GrafZeppelin127 is right. Sally Kohn won’t be fired and she’s not a Republican who just couldn’t keep her mouth closed any longer after witnessing a tidal wave of lies.

    The title of her Fox News post on October 13, 2010 was “Obama – The President America Needs Now.”

    Her Fox News post from May 16, 2012 starts off, “Sure I’m a Democrat and want President Obama to win re-election.”

    She’s basically a well-spoken progressive who happens to write for Fox News. I didn’t know such a thing existed before today.

    • burbank_burt

      However, sharing that piece with Fox-News-Aholics may open their eyes, since they are less likely to put up a wall since the Fox News logo is on the page. — As a matter of fact, I’d like to make a video of Fox-News-Aholics’ reactions to reading it. It would be akin to the old 2 Girls, 1 Cup reaction videos!

      • http://JCohenMusic.com Justin Cohen

        That would be cool but I think the more likely reaction would be to write her off as a liberal aberration.

        If you have any success with it, please let me know.

        • burbank_burt

          I shared it with a close family member who is a Fox-News-Addict . . . . and your prediction was absolutely spot on. Sadly, my hopes have been dashed.

          • http://JCohenMusic.com Justin Cohen

            Good for you for trying.

  • burbank_burt

    I saw this when a friend posted the link on FB. At first I thought FoxNews.com had been hacked! — If Fox fires her it will only serve to make the story more newsworthy and gain additional coverage. She appears successful enough that being fired from Fox wouldn’t hurt her bottom line. Therefore, I hope they do fire her!