Romney Fever! Catch It!

Stop the presses. Clint Eastwood totally has Romney Fever. For real. Not the snarky “Romney Fever” I write about — notorious for its lackluster “I like Whathisname. Yay.” endorsements.

Eastwood really has The Fever. And it’s kind of a little bit creepy and weird. During his impromptu endorsement of Romney, Eastwood talked about filming Mystic River in Massachusetts (with very liberal co-stars Sean Penn and Tim Robbins)…

“At that time, Gov. Romney was running for governor, I said, ‘God, this guy is too handsome to be governor, but he does look like he could be president.’ As the years have gone by, I’m beginning to think even more so that.”

So he’s too handsome to be governor, but just the right amount of handsome to be president. Yeah that’s way, way weird.

Vote Romney! He’s Just The Right Amount Of Handsome To Be President!

  • http://www.urantiansojourn.com/ T_P_K

    “The Clint”— redefining shallow for a new generation.

  • Corebela

    That is oddly hilarious

  • mrbrink

    Yes, but where does he stand on moisturizers and leave-in hair care?

    It’s better to look good, than to feel. Anything.

    Handsome fascism.

    Spoken like the man who had serious salon styling all through a Civil War movie. Who knew they had kerosene-powered blow dryers at a Confederate girls’ school?

  • Draxiar

    First he says:

    “I don’t give a fuck about who wants to get married to anybody else! Why not?! We’re making a big deal out of things we shouldn’t be making a deal out of … Just give everybody the chance to have the life they want.”

    Then he says:

    “At that time, Gov. Romney was running for governor, I said, ‘God, this guy is too handsome to be governor, but he does look like he could be president.’ As the years have gone by, I’m beginning to think even more so that.”

    If next he breaks out in Judy Garland’s “Over the Rainbow” and talks about “manscaping” I think the fix is in…

  • burbank_burt

    From the linked story:
    “[Eastwood] told the crowd that he planned for vote for Romney, whose leadership is “now more important than ever.”

    I find Eastwood’s support of Romney pretty disappointing. I knew Eastwood was a republican, but I thought he was much smarter than that. The only mitigating factor I can throw his way is that he’s getting up there in years, and maybe some of his synapses have sputtered out.
    ——
    Non Sequitur for your sharing pleasure:
    http://i49.tinypic.com/500j69.jpg
    http://i45.tinypic.com/w853mc.jpg

    /

  • D_C_Wilson

    Actually, I think he’s spot on. If I were a casting director and needed someone to play the role of an insincere, completely plastic blow-dried politician, I’d be auditioning actors who looked exactly like Romney.

    Dirty Harry says that Willard is the right amount of handsome to be president. Thanks, Bob, now I am totally creeped out. Jeezus…

  • Groundloop

    Translated to Romnish, Eastwoods endorsement is:

    “His level of handsomeness is just the right height.”

  • http://twitter.com/kerryreid Kerry Reid

    Has anybody pointed out that Eastwood hasn’t directed a decent film since “Unforgiven?”

  • missliberties

    Hilarious!

  • http://profile.yahoo.com/RJAH6AJNHFHDO5LBH3YPMZPYYQ Beth

    Clint Eastwood’s appeared on his wife’s lousy show (and let his kids be part of it too). Once you hit the reality tv show stage, you’re done.

  • http://twitter.com/SugaRazor Razor

    Eastwood is a MASSIVE hypocrite.

    He wouldn’t have been able to do that “Halftime in America” ad if Barack Obama wasn’t President because Chrysler WOULDN’T EXIST.