Romney Fever! Catch It!

Vice Presidential nominee Paul Ryan has a serious case of Romney Fever. In fact, he’s so utterly enthusiastic and supremely confident about the prospects of the Romney/Ryan campaign in November that he’s decided to remain on the ballot for his congressional seat.

Ryan, of Janesville, can run both for vice president and for re-election to Congress thanks to a 1968 law that permits a candidate to be on the ballot twice, but only if he or she is running for president or vice president.

Ryan faces Democrat Rob Zerban of Kenosha in November.

Zerban has raised $1.2 million in his race. Ryan has raised $4.3 million as of July 25, according to the Federal Election Commission. Zerban is a former small businessman who sold his last business in 2008.

Thanks, Mitt, for selecting me as your running mate. But if you don’t mind, I’m going to keep my day job — just in case. You understand, don’t you?

You can cut the excitement with a knife.

  • Lazarus Durden

    I donated some money to Zerban’s campaign today. Hey Ryan’s just like Romney when he went to work for Bain. Gotta have a back up. You know cause trying and failing would be Capitalistic and we can’t have that.

    • Torsloke

      When Romney loses, Ryan will retroactively decline his offer of vice president.

      • Lazarus Durden

        KA-Kow! Nice.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Not very confident, is he?

  • muselet

    You can cut the excitement with a knife.

    I initially read the fifth word … erm … differently, and the sentence actually made more sense.

      Yeah my mind went to the scatological too!

  • D_C_Wilson

    Lieberman did the same thing when he was Al Gore’s VP pick. And we all know how that worked out.

    Here’s hoping he loses both races.

  • Corebela

    Is it common practice for a congressman to resign if he is running for president or vice president? Same with senators?

    • Lazarus Durden

      Eh not usually, but you’re gonna take a hit on it. Politicans are timid creatures by nature, and that’s understandable when their livelihood is on the line. But your opposition is gonna hit you on it.

      Point is Romney and Ryan, and the GOP like to prop up this image of them as making hard choices, taking chances when the reality is they don’t.

  • deacrick

    He can’t drop off due to some arcane wisconsin law.