Second Amendment Remedies

As you may or may not be aware, today is Mike Huckabee’s “Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day.” A day for like-minded haters of marriage equality to show their support for discrimination by eating corporate chicken sandwiches. Because freedom!

Others are showing their support for the religious fundie fast-food chain in other ways, such as suggesting city mayors who attempt to block the construction of new Chick-Fil-A restaurants should be shot.

GULFPORT — South Mississippi congressional candidate Ron Williams said mayors vowing to block new Chick-fil-A restaurants because the company’s president opposes gay marriage “need to be introduced to the Second Amendment ASAP.”

Williams, a Libertarian candidate for the U.S. House District 4 seat, made that and other statements in a letter to the editor to the Sun Herald. But asked about the letter, he said his comments were “hyperbole, non clarity,” and that “I don’t want anybody to go shoot anybody, but I want people to understand what a slippery slope we can be on and what the purpose of the Second Amendment is.”

The purpose of the second amendment is to ensure corporations with anti-civil rights agendas are free to spread their bigotry!

Coming from a libertarian man from the southern state of Mississippi, that’s almost Freudian.

Personally I haven’t eaten fast food in over 8 months now, but when I still did, I stopped eating Chick-Fil-A after they began serving food at anti-gay rallies on college campuses.

Chick-Fil-A also sponsors Focus on the Family and the Family Research Council, which in addition to promoting discrimination against gays also promotes the War on Women.

You can eat there if you want to, but you should know where your money is going.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    In his letter, Williams said: “Let me make it clear, the CEO is being punished by government officials because he exercised his First Amendment right of free speech. The Constitution is very clear. When government restricts and punishes the people for exercising their First Amendment rights, then we are to default to the Second Amendment (right to keep and bear arms). These two mayors need to be introduced to the Second Amendment ASAP.”

    So, according to Ron Williams, opposing the construction of one particular brand of fast-food restaurant is a violation of the First Amendment. Also, when one constitutional right is violated, the next amendment in line is invoked. Good to know.

    Williams also wrote: “The correct response to these mayors would be to send troops or whatever to remove these men from office, by whatever means is necessary.”

    The correct response to a public official who opposes the constuction of one particular brand of fast-food restaurant is violent removal from office? Again, good to know.

    Ron Williams isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed, is he?

      Mississippi, eh? I hope all the Planned Parenthood supporters rally together and take Williams’s advice.

      And yeah…Ronny is about as sharp as a beach ball.

      • KanaW

        “Liked” for the beach ball description…:D

  • Victor_the_Crab

    You know, idiots like Williams, Huckabee, Sarah Palin, they should be allowed to eat all the Chick-Fil-A sandwiches they want for as long as they want. That way, all the bad chemicals they ingest will give them all the bad cholestoral, high blood pressure, diseased hearts, cancer that they can handle, thereby killing them off and leaving us the fuck alone.

  • mrbrink

    These fucking people. It’s amazing how their brains generate enough energy to chew their Klan sandwiches and keep them down with their bellies already so full of hate.

    Jesus would have given them away to everyone. That includes Gays, the poor, the disenfranchised, and the stupid fucking faces who stood in line and paid to have their dumbstupid trickle down to people just trying to get some equality.

    The sign doesn’t have to say “Whites Only” anymore. It’s just proudly implied.

    I feel sorry for the chickens that died so these psycho fucking bigots could live.

    • ranger11

      You sure they even use chicken? More like soylent chicken.

  • Camel54

    Why is no one making an issue out of these blatant threats? “Introduced to the Second Amendment?” That doesn’t even count as a dog whistle threat. That is a threat of terrorism, is it not? Why do conservatives get a free pass from the public and the press when they threaten terrorism and a liberal will be painted as a terrorist for having known a mouthy preacher or for having once met a guy who was in jail or for having a “Mooslim” sounding name? We’re an awesome society filled with all sorts of logical awesomeness.

    And also, “Because freedom!” made me spit coffee so that was cool.

    Sadly, Ron Williams has shown exactly what he knows of the constitution, Diddley and Squat.
    Clearly, he’s one of the mouth-breathing ignoramuses’ who think the second amendment is there so that he can overthrow the government. Speaking from the position of an actual soldier who would be amongst those called out to quell any rebellious uprisings, I dare this idiot to try to start something. He’ll learn what his foolish ancestors learned at Gettysburg, except I’m sure that he’s too stupid to understand that lesson.