Should There Really Be Experiments Like This?

Yikes.

BERKELEY, Calif. (CBS Seattle) – It sounds like something out of the movie “Johnny Mnemonic,” but scientists have successfully been able to “hack” a brain with a device that’s easily available on the open market.

Researchers from the University of California and University of Oxford in Geneva figured out a way to pluck sensitive information from a person’s head, such as PIN numbers and bank information.

I’m a man of science, but this kind of thing is a little frightening. Not only could they hack information out of our brains, but I don’t want to be around when they’re inserting pop-up ads for Texas Hold-Em sites into our noggins.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Science and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • zirgar

    I’ve been experiencing acid “pop ups” for years.

    i’m with you Bob………this just creeps me way out.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    No sir, I don’t like it!

  • D_C_Wilson

    But as a budding science fiction writer, I thin it’s awesome!