Steve King is a Very Sick Man

We’ve already established that Representative Steve King is a dick. But this. This is something else entirely.

King has elaborated on his comments concerning the farm bill which he believes is wrong because it makes it a federal crime to host or attend animal fights while hosting or attending human fights is okay.

via ThinkProgress

In explaining himself, King argues that animals have more rights than fetuses, and suggests that liberals have so devalued life, that a man can rape a young girl, kidnap her, force her to undergo an abortion across state lines, and then “drop her off at the swingset….and that’s not against the law in the United States of America.”

What King is describing is not reality. It’s the sick fantasy he dreams about during the night.

  • http://twitter.com/ifnotwinter Joy H.

    I am 100% serious when I say this– our elected Reps should pass a mental fitness/sanity examination by a doctor before they can start serving. We should absolutely lobby for this.

      With our luck, it’d be Dr. Bill Frist.

  • Draxiar

    “a man can rape a young girl, kidnap her, force her to undergo an abortion across state lines, and then “drop her off at the swingset….and that’s not against the law in the United States of America.”

    Whoa! That shit is legal?! I’ll be right back…

    I’m kidding of course.

    I know lots of pets and animals that have far more integrity, personality, loyalty, and lovableness (if that’s a word) than many people. So it comes as no surprise to me that as a culture we elevate pets as family memebrs…because they are. Let’s stick him in the Thunderdome and see how he likes it.

    If he’s so concerned about abortions then he should be welcoming the ACA provision of mandating that insurance companies carry birth control with no co-pay. I somehow doubt he’s for that.

      I’d like to abort Steve King retroactively.

      • Victor_the_Crab

        Steve King is living proof an abortion can fail.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    …a man can rape a young girl, kidnap her, force her to undergo an abortion across state lines, and then “drop her off at the swingset….and that’s not against the law in the United States of America.”

    Jeebus fleebing cripes.

    In what universe is rape not against the law?
    In what universe is kidnapping not against the law?
    In what universe is transporting a minor across state lines without permission of the parent or guardian not against the law?
    In what universe is forcing someone to undergo a medical procedure against her will not against the law?

    This from the cohort that always seems to be saying that nothing should be against the law in the United States, because Freedom™ and Liberty™ and The Founding Fathers™ and Don’t Tread On Me™.

    King is a sick fuck.

    • KanaW

      Aloha Graf!
      Glad to see you’re back!

      While I’ll agree with numbers 1, 2, and 3, unfortunately, number 4:
      “In what universe is forcing someone to undergo a medical procedure against her will not against the law? ”
      does happen in this universe, and in this country, with every pre-abortion trans-vaginal probe performed on a woman who doesn’t want one.

      Sad, isn’t it?

      But for the rest, spot on and ‘liked’

      • GrafZeppelin127

        Thanks for pointing that out; I hadn’t thought of it. I was thinking that what Rep. King was describing would at least be common-law battery.

        Have any of these TVP laws actually taken effect? If so, I can’t wait to see the Constitutional challenges thereto.

        • KanaW

          Most haven’t gone into effect yet, but Texas passed its bill in May 2011 under “emergency” status. Last month, the legal challenge failed, and the law went into effect.

          20 other states have active ‘ultrasound’ laws, which, while they don’t require penetration, are still a medical procedure.
          7 other states are trying to get the penetrative ultrasound inserted :( into their laws.

          Edit:
          Info from motherjones

    While I don’t believe that sanity assessments (as a rule) prior to serving are a reasonable answer given our predilection for dirty tricks, buying opinions, influencing opinions, and other means of screwing with the results of said sanity assessments, I certainly agree that we need to do something.

    Steve King is freaking insane, and should be removed from office.

    Also. This was intended to be a response to Joy H. but I posted it in the wrong spot.

  • mrbrink

    There, there, Mr. King. These nice people in white coats will take good care of you while you find new and disgusting ways to turn an abortion due to rape into a life-devaluing assault on the fetus.

    You have that rape-baby, little girls of the world. That’s not a word of moral support, it’s an authoritative statement. So don’t let those life-devaluing liberals stop you from giving birth to that little bundle of demon spawn– from God. The best revenge is always to have your rapist’s baby. Don’t let him get away with forcing you to abort! Stand your ground! Psychology!

  • mrbrink

    And just to be clear, this is all about a fucking farm bill!

    Only right wing conservatives can turn a farm bill into an abortion fight.

    “Jobs and the economy!”

    • JMAshby

      And the farm bill (without cuts to SNAP) is supported by business. Even the Chamber of Commerce is on board. You know, bleeding hearts and all.

    “King argues that animals have more rights than fetuses”

    To be fair, guys, he’s right, there is no law on the books in this country criminalizing forced fetus fights.

    Am I the only one that thinks Steve King is going to end up like Jackie Earle Haley in Little Children?

    • D_C_Wilson

      I’m starting to think he’s going to end up as that guy in Silence of the Lambs who was making a woman suit out of human skin.