Super Stupid

This is so stupid I keep telling myself it can’t possibly be real.

On its website and in an email Monday, House Speaker John Boehner’s office said President Obama needs to take personal responsibility for the drought ravaging the Midwest.

Obama, “continues to blame anyone and everyone for the drought but himself,” reads a release from Boehner’s office posted online and distributed to reporters Monday. The quote was attributed to Boehner himself in a Financial Times story.

But.. what!?

I thought only god has the power to change the earth. That’s a belief held by many of your congresscritters, Speaker Boehner. Are you telling me President Obama has more power than god? Maybe he is god! Eureka!

I’m certain the president would sign a bill to deal with climate change in a serious manner if you sent one to his desk to sign. And you may want to stop voting to defund the EPA while you’re at it.

The president has approved federal aid for drought-stricken areas, by the way.

    John Boehner must think President Obama is related to Storm of the X-Men. And/or he must have had a very big martini lunch.

    • mrbrink

      He must’ve been talking about the drought in his glass.

      …awhere’s Obonaba and the Demicraps when I need a ref’cup’, a refill?

  • Lazarus Durden

    Dr. Cosby what do you think about Speaker Boehner’s comment?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw6ndZNLYUA

  • muselet

    How do you screw up something this simple?

    The president continues to blame anyone and everyone for [insert problem of the day here] but himself.

    It’s just like playing Mad Libs, for crying out loud! It should be dead easy to crank out dozens of flawless press releases every single day using this template, but apparently John Boehner hires nincompoops (and if the FT quote is correct, apparently John Boehner is a nincompoop, too).

      Make that “drunken nincompoop”

    • ninjaf

      I guess he has to hire trained chimps because this goes to prove that “gummint can’t do nuthin’ right.”