The Latest Romney Dogwhistle

Karl Rove 101: Project your weaknesses onto your opponent.

via TPM

On Tuesday, according to the Romney, the Obama campaign hit a “new low” when Vice President Joe Biden used the word “chains” in front of a largely black audience in Virginia, purportedly injecting racial “code words” into his campaign.

“Another outrageous charge came a few hours ago in Virginia,” Romney said. “And the White House sinks a little bit lower. This is what an angry and desperate Presidency looks like.” […]

“So, Mr. President, take your campaign of division and anger and hate back to Chicago and let us get about rebuilding and reuniting America,” Romney said.

He’s angry! He wants to give you welfare for nothing! If you want more free stuff, vote for that one! Take your anger back to Chicago! Get it? Chicago!

Wink. Nod.

And won’t you please stop using “code words,” Joe Biden. That’s our job.

Sarcasm and my utter contempt aside, there was nothing wrong with what Joe Biden said. Biden said the Republicans want to “unchain Wall Street” so they can put you back in chains. That may strike a nerve in those who, like Mitt Romney, whose bitter reaction is distinctly Freudian, want to attach the chains, but this is hardball and Joe Biden is coming out swinging.

Do I even need to point out the intense irony of Romney complaining about division?

Let’s see what Romney surrogate Donald Trump has to say

Oh.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Racism and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • zirgar

    “So, Mr. Black President, take your campaign of division and anger and hate back to Chicago and let us white folk get about rebuilding and reuniting White America,” Romney said.

    I think my correction of this statement is more in line with the spirit and ideology of Herr Romney.

  • Draxiar

    And an extremely credible source has told Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid that Romney hasn’t paid taxes for 10 years.

    Take that Trump the Hair!

    • Victor_the_Crab

      You mean Trump the Dead Roadkill upon Baldhead.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    “This is what an angry and desperate Presidency looks like.” […]

    “So, Mr. President, take your campaign of division and anger and hate back to Chicago and let us get about rebuilding and reuniting America.”

    Romney is either not paying attention to President Obama or his campaign, lying through his teeth, or losing his shit. Or some combination of all three.

    Does this stuff actually work outside the GOP paracosm? Does anyone in the real world actually believe this is an apt characterization?

    I hope that Romney’s just lying, playing the part in the ongoing improv act that is Republican politics, and not actually cracking under the stress.

      I think you are right about Willard cracking up…

    GrafZeppelin127 asked if Romney is cracking up? I truly believe he is. This has been a rough campaign for Willard. He can’t show his tax records because he knows the American people will shit their drawers when they learn the truth. He has been bested in the entire discussion about the Affordable Care act. He can’t talk about being governor of Massachesetts because he sucked at it. He can’t talk about Bain because he knows he captained a crew full of pirates who did nothing but rape, pillage, and plunder the weak and steal from the poor. He knows that most of the members of his party just aren’t that into him; and now he has to choose a running mate he fuckin’ hates because the people who hate him told him pick Ryan or else. I think the strain of all that is causing Willard to crack around the seams. I mean, hell, he sent his wife out to do his shit work for him this morning when she informed the American people that they have seen all the tax returns they are going to see. Willard had better get his poop in one pile before the convention. Newt, and Donald, and Boner and the rest of the gang have already got the guy on the ticket they want anyway.

    • D_C_Wilson

      I think it’s the stress of being forced to spend so much time talking to non-millionaires.

  • Art__VanDalay

    In Trump’s defense, “extremely credible source” is in quotes, so maybe it’s just for lulz!

    What a goddamned idiot.

  • muselet

    If Joe Biden had used “shackles” instead of “chains,” the Romney campaign would have reacted exactly the same way, despite Mitt Romney his own self having talked up the prospect of “unshackling Wall Street.”

    It’s almost as if the Mitt Romney and his campaign are actively dishonest.

    And I find it difficult to take seriously a birfer with a tribble on his head.

    Shorter rmoney: That negro who wants to give your tax dollars to lazy brown people is a racist!