The Nation’s Biggest Disgrace to Speak at the GOP Convention

Birther-in-Chief Donald Trump will be joined by the infamous Sheriff Joe Arpaio at this years GOP convention representing birthers from across the country.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio is scheduled to speak to delegates from western states on Aug. 30 during the Republican National Convention, the Arizona Republican Party said in a press release.

“Sheriff Joe is a good friend and a great Republican, a former member of the Electoral College representing Arizona, and he’s wildly popular not just in Maricopa County but throughout the state and the country,” said Tom Morrissey, Chairman of the Arizona Republican Party in the release.

Will Arpaio release the results of his posse’s investigation into the president’s birth certificate?

In case you forgot, Arpaio is also being sued by the Department of Justice for numerous rights violations and racial profiling. He has also failed to investigate over 400 sexual abuse claims because he’s been too busy hunting brown people. And several people, including at least one Iraq war veteran, have died while in his custody.

The Republicans apparently aren’t even attempting to hide The Crazy at this year’s convention. They’re reveling in it.

(photo via AP)

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • trgahan

    Well, they have their VP, their platform, and their speakers. By the time the convention is over it should be abundently clear where the GOP stands and what they will do with whatever power they win in the coming election.

    I am interested in seeing how American will react now that the battle lines are clearly draw.

  • zirgar

    So, the GOP is going to speak at the GOP convention? Isn’t the GOP the nation’s biggest disgrace, if not the world’s? I’m just sayin’…

  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Theresa-Darklady-Reed/581698361 Theresa ‘Darklady’ Reed

    Wow. That has to burn Palin’s padded bra. I know I’d be peeved if I was denied a speaking slot after running for veep and this joker were allowed to speak.

    The GOP is a mess. What sane person would think it’s capable of governing any nation, let alone the USA?

  • Ned F

    Holy sh*t. I hope they put him on TV. I was seriously going to avoid the convention coverage, but I would have to tune in to see the sheriff for pure entertainment. BTW, he may be under investigation for numerous human rights violations, but that’d be the “Obama” Dept of Justice, so that don’t count.

      Well Sheriff Joe began this Birther Campaign right about the time it became clear to everyone paying attention to his crimes that the DOJ was coming after him–just as his former deputies and co-conspirators began to go down one by one. Occam’s Razor makes me think he did it on purpose to use the “I am being persecuted by Obama” defense when the shit finally hit the fan. So far people in AZ are buying it–except the handful of liberals that includes myself. Here’s a detailed look at the coincidence of his birther claims and the DOJ investigation. http://drangedinaz.wordpress.com/2012/03/02/just-doing-hi-jo/

      Once again AZ will be the laughingstock of the nation…sigh…

    It does seem as if they’re starting with the assumption that Obama is super-beatable this year [already debatable, though it does seem as if there is a lot with the economy that would ordinarily work against him], and then deciding “So we might as well get super-crazy and people will still vote for us.”

    But the really amazing thing is that there’s then still a whole next level of craziness that is what they generally really believe, and they realize “Well, we can’t go *that* far.”

    • D_C_Wilson

      Remember the 92 convention with Pat Buchanan’s “culture war” speech? That one scared the shit out of voters.

      This one looks to be quantum leap of crazy above that.

  • D_C_Wilson

    I think you’re selling Arpaio short, Ashby. As a disgrace, he has global potential.

  • agrazingmoose

    I am sure that independent voters are going to LOVE this hatefest.

  • beer25

    I’m more worried about the idiots who’ll be voting for Obama, than I am of Obama winning! I heard that tonight. After giving thought it made sense!

  • bphoon

    …and he’s wildly popular not just in Maricopa County but throughout the state and the country,” said Tom Morrissey, Chairman of the Arizona Republican Party in the release.

    And I thought that most people, at least outside of Maricopa County, consider Joe Arpaio just another racist dipshit…