The Reagan Hologram is Real. Also Better Than Mitt Romney.

It turns out the Reagan hologram is a real thing, but it was not included in the convention because Republican aides and the hologram’s creator were concerned that he would steal the show from Mitt Romney.

While he originally wanted to unveil his project this week in Tampa—“It was going to be outside of the convention at the Lakeland Center,” he said—concerned Republican activists convinced him to delay the debut for fear that it might steal attention from Mitt Romney’s acceptance speech. “At the time he hadn’t chosen Paul Ryan, so I think they were a little worried about his energy,” Reynolds explained to Yahoo, before adding, “Even in a hologram form I think Reagan’s going to beat a lot of people in terms of communicating.”

They were afraid the deceased president, who raised taxes eleven times, would upstage the rest of their convention.

The joke’s on them because their convention was upstaged anyway, by this

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Epic Fail and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    You KNOW they’re going to run Hologram Reagan in 2016.

      Indeed. The only real question is how many brain dead Americans would vote for the hologram?

      • muselet

        Roughly 45–55% of the electorate. Scary thought, innit?

          You ain’t kidding!

    • D_C_Wilson

      I’m still holding out for Zombie Reagan.

  • mrbrink

    This is all part of a broader campaign of whining and second guessing from Mitt Romney and Republicans. We should have gone with Hologram Reagan! We should have stayed away from overseas! We should stop checking facts, guys!

    But he can fix this thing. He’s “Mr. Fix It,” or something, right? Apparently, Mitt Romney and the republican party deserve as much space and as many chances as possible to fail over and over again.

  • http://twitter.com/TipsyDave David Gardner

    It’s not really a hologram. It’s a trick done with mirrors, an idea that dates back to the 15th century with a superficial high-tech gloss. Much like the rest of Romney’s campaign.