The Worst Political Team On Television

ThinkProgress has compiled a list of conservative figures who have chosen to ardently defend Representative Todd Akin’s legitimate rape comments, and while you can expect to see the usual suspects from the Family Research Council and the American Family Association on the list, it also includes media figures who work for CNN.

Erick Erickson. The RedState honcho and CNN contributor excused Akin’s scientifically illiterate remarks as simply “inarticulate” and then accused President Obama of being pro-infanticide, saying: “the people horrid by Todd Akin’s remarks are, I’m sure, thrilled to have a President who defended infanticide. I’ll take Todd Akin’s inarticulate remarks over an infanticide supporter any day of the week.” Somewhat ironically, Erickson is now claiming that Akin will withdraw from the race.

Chris and Dana Loesch. The conservative commentary power couple both lept to Akin’s defense. Chris claimed that “what [Akin] said was medically correct” while Dana wrote that Akin’s comments were less bad than his opponent Claire McCaskill’s record by “any real standard of measurement.”

CNN contributor Erick Erickson says the president supports infanticide, but if calling someone a “goat fucking child molester” won’t prevent him from being hired by CNN, I doubt this will prompt his dismissal. Loesch, meanwhile, is attacking fellow Republicans for asking Akin to step down.

There are those who have been fired from CNN for saying more benign things, but they wouldn’t want to appear biased at a time like this, would they?

CNN’s spectacularly bad vetting and hiring process is why their ratings are in the 20-year-low toilet.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in The Media and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1730451827 Jane Phillips

    I live in Missouri and would very much like Tod Akin to stay in the race. And keep that pie hole of his wide open!

  • eljefejeff

    Infanticide? I’m so sick of overly religious people with no understanding of biology who seriously believe ending the existence of a tiny unwanted embryo inside a woman’s uterus is the EXACT same thing as murdering a living breathing human baby with a limitless future who brings unconditional love and joy to his or her family.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    So an ignorant Republican says something predictably ignorant about rape, and Erick Erickson responds by accusing President Obama of infanticide. Nice attempt at deflection there Erick the Redfaced, a name which is problably due to high blood pressure from you being fat and unhealthy looking.

  • http://twitter.com/Sweetey15 Janet ODell

    Eric Erickson is nothing more than a loser Brietbart wannabe. A big fat lying faux Christian like most of his GOP ilk. Loesch and her loser husband do not even warrant a response from me.

  • Lavander

    Roland Martin was suspended for an offensive tweet.

  • D_C_Wilson

    I look at people like Dana Loesch and Erick Erickson and wonder if these are the best commentators that CNN could find to represent the conservative POV*. Then I look at what passes for conservative “thought” these and realize to my horror, they may actually be the best CNN could find.

    *Never mind that they don’t bother with anyone from the liberal POV. For some reason, “balance” now means repeating the conservative talking point without question no matter how insane or factually inaccurate.