This is What The GOP Thinks of Women

Sarah Palin wasn’t invited to the GOP convention this year, but RNC delegates are more than happy to watch a Palin look-alike strip for them.

The adult film actress, who has been making bank from her Palin resemblance since 2008, is best known to mainstream audiences from her role as Serra Paylin in the political porn parody Who’s Nailin’ Paylin?.

A dental assistant by trade, Ann arrived in Tampa over the weekend to perform a GOP-themed strip show at Thee DollHouse strip club on N. Westshore Blvd. […]

According to the New York Post, the raunchy rally’s attendees responded to the political striptease with approving hoots.

As for who those attendees were, at least one Thee DollHouse employee insists some were in town for the RNC.

“The main people I’m seeing is Virginia, Maryland and Washington, D.C.,” Tiffany Mitchell, who checks IDs at the door, told the Tampa Bay Times.

I don’t blame them for not inviting Sarah Palin to speak at the convention, but this seems like confirmation that Palin was never accepted as a legitimate representative of the party. She was, in the words of Rich “sat up a little straighter on the couch” Lowry, just eye-candy.

Meanwhile, women who are attending the RNC have been invited to visit the “Woman Up Pavilion.”

Really.

In case the female Republicans in Tampa for the GOP convention aren’t feeling quite glamorous enough to listen to policy platforms, conservative group YG Network has created a pop-up salon near the convention hall that promises to help them “woman up.”

While the men of the GOP gear up to talk policy, debate the merits of their platform, and listen to speeches about the Republican vision for America, the women can stop by Young Guns Network’s “Woman Up Pavilion” for hair and makeup touch ups while cable news plays in the background.

Because to be a real woman, apparently your hair and makeup needs to be perfect before you watch Romney and Ryan detail their plans to obliterate the social contract and enact harsh new restrictions on women’s reproductive rights.

No word on whether or not there’s also a “Man Up Pavilion.”

Also — “Young Guns” is still a thing?

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in War On Women and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Victor_the_Crab

    Woman Up? Don’t they mean Stepford Wife It Up?

  • muselet

    Of “Serra Paylin,” all I can say is, “Ick. Ick. Ick. Ick.” And, possibly, “Kill it with fire.” (Gads, there’s not enough brain bleach in the known Universe. Or antiemetics.)

    As for the Woman Up Pavilion, I’m stunned. In 2012, the YG Network thinks the way to appeal to politically-conscious and -active women is grooming help? My gob is well and truly smacked.

    If I didn’t know better, I’d say the Rs didn’t much care about women, but that can’t possibly be true, can it?

    –alopecia

  • villemar

    Putting the weird Palin fetishism aside, Lisa Ann is pretty amazing in her own right. That is all.

  • D_C_Wilson

    It gets even better:

    http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/08/27/751971/pennsylvania-gop-senate-candidate-getting-pregnant-from-rape-is-similar-to-having-a-baby-out-of-wedlock/

    Pennsylvania GOP Senate Candidate: Getting Pregnant From Rape Is ‘Similar’ To Having A Baby Out Of Wedlock

  • http://twitter.com/TipsyDave David Gardner

    I’ve never met her, but I understand Lisa Ann is a much nicer person than SP.
    Not that it would be difficult.