Today Will Live in Infamy!

As many as 47 million American women will have access to contraception without co-pays today as the new requirements recently announced by the Department of Health and Human Services take effect.

That means today is a day that will live in infamy!

According to Pennsylvania Representative Mike Kelly (R), contraception coverage without co-pays is just like 9/11 and Pearl Harbor!

“I know in your mind you can think of times when America was attacked. One is December 7th, that’s Pearl Harbor day. The other is September 11th, and that’s the day of the terrorist attack,” Kelly said at a press conference on Capitol Hill. “I want you to remember August the 1st, 2012, the attack on our religious freedom. That is a day that will live in infamy, along with those other dates.”

Rather than duct-tape plastic sheeting around his windows to prevent women with free contraception from ever stepping inside his home, Mike Kelly should duct-tape his mouth shut. You’re embarrassing America.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Draxiar

    hrm…Pearl Harbor Day and 9/11 resulted in the deaths of thousands…birth control actually prevents abortions, unwanted pregancies, and reduces health care costs.

    Yeah…*exactly* alike.

    *facepalm*

  • burbank_burt

    I agree with Mike Kelly (Idiot)!!
    Clearly, because contraception no longer requires a co-pay, that means that all religious women are being forced against their will to use it!!

  • GrafZeppelin127

    Does it hurt to be this stupid?

    I propose a law banning all grocery stores from selling pork and shellfish, and all restaurants from serving pork and shellfish. Because my religion doesn’t allow them. Not that I observe those particular rules, but that’s not the point. Pork and shellfish must be made illegal. Otherwise my religious freedom is being attacked.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      You can take my baby back ribs and popcorn shrimp, when you pry them from my greasy dead hands… ‘cuz they’re delicious! ;)

      He really is that dumb of a shit.

    • Draxiar

      Oh bravo and well played!

  • incredulous72

    I really think there should be a psychological evaluation before one can run for office. These republicans sound more certifiable by the day.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Can someone surgically insert a vagina inside Mike Kelly’s body, please? Doofuses like that really need to be taught a lesson in reality.

    • stacib23

      Why waste a good vagina?

      • JMAshby

        I agree with Staci.

  • Alex0001

    Ah yes those Other Dates. I’m not going to mention what those dates are for fear of getting rightfully called out for it…BUT! believe you me stuff happened on those there dates and people remember them. Just as equally as they’ll remember today…July thirty..oh wait it’s August. August 1st! Infamy I say!

  • hanadora444

    Well, Jerry Garcia would have been 70 today. Otherwise it isn’t particularly memorable.