We Don’t Even Know Who He Is!

This ad is now running on CNN and Fox News.

Sealed college records! Sealed thesis papers! Bill Ayers! Reverend Wright! Where’s the birth certificate!?

If you call right now, we’ll double your offer for free! For the low, low price of your integrity, you get it all!

Beyond the obvious falsehoods, this is a scam. You cannot force the president out of the race by signing a petition. This is classic concern trolling bankrolled by wealthy PAC donors.

Alternatively, they could have just run an ad that says “he’s blackety black ya’ll” and it would appeal to the same category of voters.

CNN should be embarrassed for running this ad. And Fox News, well, they’re Fox News.

(ht ThinkProgress)

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Ethics and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • willpen

    This sounds like a Billy Mays OxiClean commercial.

  • http://twitter.com/GodIsDead Gern Blandston

    It’s brilliant, really. Create a meaningless petition. Get (probably, alas) millions of people to voluntarily give you their names, addresses and email information.

    Hey look, we now have a GIGANTIC list of fuckin’ STUPID PEOPLE we can apparently sell ANYTHING to! What shall we send to them first? I know! GOLD! No wait wait, I got a better one : a CERTIFICATE for some GOLD! That way we don’t even have to own any GOLD at all! What, you think they’re EVER gonna think to ASK for their actual GOLD? They won’t even ask US where we made THIS shit up!

    We’ll be rich!

    Fucking neanderthals.

    • D_C_Wilson

      On. The. Nose.

  • ranger11

    The production values of most of these ads really suck. Are they hiring porno directors for this stuff?

    • JMAshby

      You’re insulting porn directors.

      • http://twitter.com/kerryreid Kerry Reid

        Well, considering that Romney just got the highly-sought-after Jenna Jameson endorsement…

      • ranger11

        Okay, maybe homemade sex tapes.

  • Lazarus Durden

    Huh. You know I wonder if this points to the fact that the Romney campaign is in serious trouble. College papers? Thesis? Really? Oh and birther claims.

    The GOP is in serious trouble. This seems like a wild haymaker from a fighter that’s getting ready to be knocked out.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      And the funny thing is, the Republicans are the ones punching themselves out, while Obama stands there watching amusingly and not breaking a sweat.

  • Nefercat

    And I know I can lay hands on every stupid term paper I ever wrote twenty five years later. Oh, wait, no I can’t.

    I am guessing this will not change even one mind. Palin worshipers weren’t going to vote for President Obama anyway.

    Yeah, the “blackety black” would do the trick. A pity they don’t just come out with it.

  • laddieluv

    …sigh…not enough Thorazine on the planet…
    …I lose IQ points just thinking about the conservative (and I use the term loosely) “brain”…
    …desperation smells like “a whore house at low tide”…Mittens…

  • roxsteady

    News Flash Guys! This travesty is also running on our favorite “Liberal” cable news network, MSNBC. Imagine that! It’s actually hilarious. I hadn’t seen it until my sister told me about it. She has Direct TV, I have Comcast. We share a condo so, when it came on again I ran into the living room and was like, WTF?

  • D_C_Wilson

    Republicans desperately want to turn back the clock to 2008 and pretend Pres. Obama just dropped out of the sky from a UFO. We’ve had almost four years to learn what kind of president he can be. They really, really need to “otherize” Obam and portray him as something “foreign”.

    And the reason why? Look at their candidate. If anyone acts like they’re from an alien culture, it’s Mitt Romney. He’s like Mork from Ork only not played by a coked up Robin Williams.

    Oh, and who’s hiding things? Secret tax returns. Won’t talk about his time at Bain. Won’t talk about his time as governor.