What War on Women?

From the “holy shit” file.

A charter school in Delhi, Louisiana is requiring students suspected of being pregnant to take pregnancy tests.

In a Louisiana public school, female students who are suspected of being pregnant are told that they must take a pregnancy test. Under school policy, those who are pregnant or refuse to take the test are kicked out and forced to undergo home schooling.

Welcome to Delhi Charter School, in Delhi, Louisiana, a school of 600 students that does not believe its female students have a right to education free from discrimination. According to its Student Pregnancy Policy, the school has a right to not only force testing upon girls, but to send them to a physician of the school administration’s choice. A positive test result, or failure to take the test at all, means administrators can forbid a girl from taking classes and force her to pursue a course of home study if she wishes to continue her education with the school.

If you’re pregnant, you can show yourself to the door. Your education is over.

And because this is Louisiana, don’t even think about having an abortion. And that birth control or emergency contraception that could have prevented your pregnancy? We don’t want you to have that either. Birth control is the devil. And when your baby is born, we don’t want you to be eligible for food stamps. You can forget free school lunches as well. And healthcare is a privilege, not a right.

In short — you’re fucked.

I would hasten to point out that because it is a charter school, there is no school board which answers to local residents or taxpayers despite receiving taxpayer funding.

That does not mean the school is free to violate the law however and, as the ACLU points out, this is both unconstitutional and a violation of Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972.

By the way, how many parents would consent to their child’s school forcing them to take a pregnancy test? I can’t even imagine what would lead someone at any school to believe they have that authority.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in War On Women and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • agrazingmoose

    Go get ‘em ACLU. This should be a slam dunk.

    Never should have happened in the first place. Dolts.

  • muselet

    Welcome to the 1950s.

    –alopecia

    (Oh, and the ACLU of Louisiana’s demand letter is a thing of beauty.)

  • Brutlyhonest

    By the way, how many parents would consent to their child’s school forcing them to take a pregnancy test? I can’t even imagine what would lead someone at any school to believe they have that authority.

    You ain’t from the south, is ya boy? It’s girls you is talkin bout so they’s lucky to even be in skoo-ool.

    Anticipating the revised policy to demand all male students provide DNA samples. Then, in the case of a suspected pregnancy, the father may be identified and forced to suffer the same batshit crazy Christo-facist shunning and punishment as the dirty whores.

    • KanaW

      Fat chance.
      As you probably knew before you hit ‘post’ on that one :-)

    • Brutlyhonest

      Now cousinavi, you know it isn’t the boys’ fault. They were lured into temptation by the devil’s hussies!

  • Victor_the_Crab

    And the wingnuts whine about Chick-Fil-A’s rights getting trampled on. Sheeze!

  • http://www.aquariusmoon.info CarolDuhart

    Such hypocrites. They probably denounce the Taliban for their unchristian and unenlightened teachings. This is only a couple of steps away from full Taliban. Put the girls in a burka, and this school would fit in quite nicely in downtown Kabul.

    Of course, no boys will ever be questioned.

    • Brutlyhonest

      The extremist wings of christianity, judaism and islam are so similar, yet they can’t see it. Hell, they even worship the same unitary god!

      • Draxiar

        Heh…agreed. Basically they’re saying:

        “You’re insanity is just CRAZY! My insanity is justified and makes perfect sense.”

  • eljefejeff

    maybe a girl has been eating good christian chick fil a food and just put on a little weight

    What’s the big deal? I don’t see a war on women here. It’s a war on GIRLS. Duh.

  • hanadora444

    And what would be the basis of this “suspicion” of pregnancy? An occasional case of stomach flu? A girl gaining a few pounds?

    • KanaW

      They probably check the writings on the boys’ bathroom walls. /snark