Worst Person in the World

Symbolically labeling Rush Limbaugh the world’s worst person seems redundant at this point, but he really pulled out the stops today. And he did so in a rather Freudian manner.

Emphasis mine

RUSH LIMBAUGH: Okay, folks, it’s a moment of truth. We are mere hours away now from Tropical Storm Isaac, which everybody is desperately hoping becomes a hurricane. I can’t believe this. They are desperately hoping that it becomes a hurricane. It’s the Democrats’ wet dream that this thing hit New Orleans. So, you know me. My middle name is Solutions. I have some ideas for the Republicans. How to deal with the tropical storm, slash, hurricane hitting New Orleans.

The first thing we do is offer to send 500 bus drivers to New Orleans, paid for by us, to make sure that the buses that were not used by the Democrat mayor during Hurricane Katrina will be used to evacuate people should it become necessary. The second thing that I think the Republicans ought to do is send bags of money instead of sand. Bags full of money to shore up the levees in New Orleans. This would accomplish many things. A, it would show our compassion. B, we could have Romney’s five sons who CNN last night asked, “What’s it like to be rich as sin,” or whatever. They did. Piers Morgan asked Romney’s sons, (paraphrasing) “What’s it like to be stinking rich?” So we have Romney’s five sons deliver the bags of money to shore up the levees.

Now, this will accomplish much. It will show our compassion, and it will do something else. Once we publicize that we have sent 500 bags of money — well, whatever number of bags, bags filled with money to shore up the levees, what will happen? The poor of New Orleans will storm the levees and steal the bags, thereby putting themselves at risk for the eventual flooding that will happen once they remove the bags of money. And that way the Republicans can get rid of even more Democrats in Louisiana and shore up the state for themselves. How about those two ideas, folks? Am I not thinking or am I thinking?

Limbaugh’s middle name is “Solutions.”

You know who else had a solution? A solution that involved killing minorities?

Nothing else to add.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Worst Persons and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Lazarus Durden

    He seriously didn’t say that. You wouldn’t have posted it otherwise but… what the fuck is wrong with the GOP these days? I really don’t have the words anymore. I’m really beginning to feel hatred for these people. Seriously man this is going beyond fucked up.

    • D_C_Wilson

      It’s what Chez calls “eliminationism”. It’s not enough to say that you think your political opponents are mistaken or wrong. You have to deny their very humanity.

      And it’s now the dominant view of one of our major parties.

  • bphoon

    Sounds like some sort of fever dream he must have had in one of his many drug-induced hazes.

    Limbaugh=flaming idiot.

    Wow, he actually straight out said he want to kill poor people so the GOP can win an election. I can’t even….I”m speechless.

  • RilesSD

    That is much more serious than calling someone a slut. Advertisers should be backing out in droves over this.

    • http://twitter.com/kraftytess Tessa

      Is there a list somewhere of businesses that still sponsor him? We need to bombard them with this, it’s almost beyond belief. I am pretty much without words to respond to something this hateful

  • Ipecac

    “The poor of New Orleans”.

    Hmm. I wonder what color people he’s imagining here?

    Also, the idea that Republicans could send bags of money to be used as levees is certainly telling.

      He certainly let his slip show there, didn’t he?

  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Kitty-Smith/100000047475312 Kitty Smith

    The fact that Limbaugh remains on the air after all this does not speak well for our country.

    • bphoon

      Well, certainly for a certain segment of our country.

    • D_C_Wilson

      Or humanity.

    • nathkatun7

      Exactly, Kitty! This vile and evil man is enabled by people in the media, his listeners and, more importantly, by the Republican party.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Do we still call it a dog whistle when even deaf people can hear it?

    Also, I see a flaw in his plan: How are Romney’s kids going to get their bags of money? Travel to the Caymans has got to be difficult right now thanks to Isaac.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    “My middle name is Solutions.”

    No, your middle name is Fat Fuck Racist Bastard, Limbaugh. Die slowly and painfully of cancer, you bloated blight on America.

  • rob black

    Well, he certainly has moved the bar hasn’t he? Year after year, this bloated festering pustule has oozed out an ever escalating brand of hate, that has now gone so vitriolic, calling for the actual deaths of poor people barely registers as a blip on what passes for the national public discourse.
    While in homes and pick up trucks across america, his ever fearful and ever hateful minions chortle with mirth at the prospect of their fellow citizens being drowned in a deluge.
    If there really were a god, that hurricane would have turned right at the gulf and scoured one place down to its foundations before evaporating harmless in to the clear blue Florida sky: The home of Rush Fucking Limbaugh.

  • muselet

    A few years back, a Sadly, No! commenter called “Stephen” responded to another commenter’s question:

    Why not cut to the chase and wish for a barbarian eraser button?

It’s not just that conservatives want their enemies gone. They want to go through the whole process of killing them.

Conservatives are like Klingons. Without enemies, their lives are empty.

    I think that’s a fair assessment.

      In a very nerdy way I think you have hit upon something there. People like that always need someone to blame, to strive against. Otherwise, they’d just have to confront themselves. And we all know that introspection just isn’t in their toolbox.

      • muselet

        It’s not just introspection that’s lacking, it’s empathy.

        I dislike what Rush Limbaugh says as much as anyone here. He’s a bigot and he’s an ignoramus and he’s a blowhard. And he’s also tragically human because he’s absolutely, pants-wetting terrified by the loss of white privilege, of male privilege, of heteronormative privilege and he speaks to, and for, that cohort of white, heterosexual men who are also terrified.

        If Limbaugh and his listeners were capable of introspection, he’d realize that a good deal of that terror is the fear that they (the non-white, non-straight, non-male) will at some point in the future treat the currently-privileged as badly as the currently-privileged have treated them.

        (Of course, they by and large don’t want to do any such thing. Funny, that.)

        And if Limbaugh and his listeners were capable of empathy, they’d start treating them a whole lot better—not because of what they might decide to do, but because they are worthy of fair treatment.

        So we have the unedifying spectacle of Rush Limbaugh saying despicable things about everyone who’s not white, straight or male (or conservative, since liberals are responsible for making them think they’re worthy of equal treatment) because that shores up the crumbling wall of privilege. (“I may be poor, uneducated and hungry, but at least I ain’t a …”).

        Difference is a threat, disagreement an assault. People who think differently and act differently and look differently and vote differently from Limbaugh and his tribe of listeners—and it is a tribal bond—are marauding Visigoths, out to destroy everything that is good and right and proper, and must be stopped.

        Me, I have enough introspection and empathy to realize Limbaugh has himself trapped in a box. I just don’t have enough empathy not to want to plug up the air holes.

        (I hope at least some of this makes sense.)

        –alopecia

        • KanaW

          The entire thing makes sense, alopecia.

          I have believed for a long time that almost every ill (not illness) of this world could be fixed with a little empathy. Lack of empathy is at the root of every person treating anyone else badly, whether it be physically, mentally, emotionally or financially.

          One could not treat others badly if one can put oneself in the other person’s shoes.

          It’s down to ‘walk a mile in his moccasins’, and ‘treat others as you would like to be treated yourself’.

          Thank you for expanding on it brilliantly.

          • bphoon

            Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself – Leviticus 19:18

            But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God – Leviticus 19:34

            Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets. – Jesus of Nazareth in Matthew 7:12

            And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. – Jesus of Nazareth in Luke 6:31

            And one day an authority on the law stood up to put Jesus to the test. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to receive eternal life?”

            “What is written in the Law?” Jesus replied. “How do you understand it?”

            He answered, “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. Love him with all your strength and with all your mind.’(Deuteronomy 6:5) And, ‘Love your neighbor as you love yourself.’ ”

            “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do that, and you will live.” – Luke 10:25-28

            “That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole Torah; the rest is the explanation; go and learn.” – Hillel in the Talmud, Shabbat 31a

            “For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.” – St. Paul in Galatians 5:14

            “‘For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ “Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? ‘And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? ‘When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ “The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’ “ – Matthew 25:35-40

          • KanaW

            And not one of these so-called ‘Christians’ will ever follow those words for anyone who is in any way different from them…

          • http://twitter.com/PeterBWest Peter Bockenthien

            Brilliant compilation/distillation. You left out one thing: in the end of days the love of many will grow cold. Fortunately Hell on Earth does freeze over.

          Alo, you always make perfect sense. :)

  • lynnnoe

    Yes, Rush. You are NOT thinking.

  • Draxiar

    Is it wrong to say I would smile, even laugh, if he died botching an auto-erotic asphyxiation attempt while getting sodomised by a wiffle ball bat?

    No?

    Very well then!