You Can’t Make This Up

Welcome aboard the Cracker Bay!

Gov. Mitt Romney’s campaign toasted its top donors Wednesday aboard a 150-foot yacht flying the flag of the Cayman Islands.

The exclusive event, hosted by a Florida developer on his yacht “Cracker Bay,” was one of a dozen exclusive events meant to nurture those who have raised more than $1 million for Romney’s bid. [...]

The event, attended by no more than 50 people, along with Romney relatives, including older brother Scott, appeared on no public calendars. ABC News obtained a schedule of the Romney campaign’s “Victory Council” and waited dockside to speak with members.

The Cracker. Fucking. Bay.

The Cracker! From the Cayman Islands. Flying a Cayman flag. Where’s Old Glory!? Why does Mitt Romney hate America?

As ABC points out, the event was not listed on a public schedule. No one was suppose to know about it. It was one of those “quiet room” events.

Ironically, Romney’s status as a cracker (read: white guy) is the only thing saving him in this election. He’ll get a pass for this. The president, meanwhile, would be crucified for it. Darrell Issa would have a conniption fit and there would be a congressional hearing on the matter.

“It’s not a boat, it’s a Yacht!”

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Ethics and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    While it’s certainly typical behavior to have the Sooper Sekrit Donors Blowjob Party with this combination of circumstances, your claim is a slur on crackers.

    Willard Rmoney is not a cracker. Crackers are decent, upstanding, dirt poor Southern whites, only the last of which applies to Mittens.

    EDIT: I just want to be clear. I fully support the gist of this post, Ashby.

    • JMAshby

      Depending on your use of the term. The common denominator is white. Which I pointed out (read: white guy)

      It’s more commonly used as a pejorative, but I am aware of the historical context.

      In this case, it’s simply terrible, bad optics.

  • rob black

    I always thought the term cracker came from “whip cracker”..as in slave owner….and then just got applied to any bigoted white man. Given Rushbo’s little “solution”, Kasich remarks, and this episode…..I would say the whole RNC appears to be a big box o crackers.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    “Cracker Bay”? Is that anywhere near “N*gg*rhead Ranch”?

    (I know. Bad, bad…….)

  • D_C_Wilson

    Why wouldn’t he sail under the flag of the Cayman Islands? They’re keeping watch over the thing he loves more than anything else: His money.

  • http://JCohenMusic.com Justin Cohen

    If you’re – on the shore – then you’re sure – not – me ohhhhhhhh

  • trgahan

    Maybe when he’s president, instead of just flying over the next hurricane disaster like Bush did, he can just sail past on the yacht flying the Cayman flag.