You Know Who Totally Kicked Ass This Weekend?

Chris Hayes and his staff. That’s who.

They dug up an clip from 2002 showing Paul Ryan making the Obama/Democratic/Keynesian case for stimulus spending during a slow recovery, on the floor of the House no less, along with a case for extending unemployment benefits — and, and, AND a case for how unemployment tends to linger after the rest of the economy improves. Exactly what’s happening right now.

This kicks ass:

Bravo to the Hayes team.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Economy and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • roxsteady

    I saw this live yesterday and I immediately knew this would blow up today. I also knew that Jethro Scarborough would not show it and I was right. I kept the tv on in the living room which I could hear while the tv in my bedroom was on Bill Press of Current TV and knew that dick Scarborough wouldn’t mention it but, that’s OK because from Chris Matthews and beyond, tonight, it’s on! I’m really looking forward to Rachel and Lawrence in particular who is going to eviscerate this diplicitous piece of shit! Ryan is going to costar with Akin tonight on MSNBC….Bet on it!

    • http://twitter.com/GodIsDead Gern Blandston

      “Diplicitous” FTMFW!!!

  • Ned F

    Well, he was only 32 then, so we can excuse his youthful indiscretion, let’s go back to Obama ending work requirements for welfare.

    I just spent a week in red country, and it doesn’t matter how great Chris Hayes and others are at pointing out lies, contradictions and hypocrisy, they just hate the reality of a Democratic President and honestly don’t care, nor are open to, anything that doesn’t fit their worldview. The fact that he’s black and from Chicago just pushes them further into their alternate universe. I saw so many home made yard signs on beautiful home sites, blaming Obama for gas prices, taxes, welfare, and other assorted easily debunked and totally untrue claims, it just hurt. When I came back to work, I had a client call from N. Carolina who told me what a fabulous and ridiculously low price he paid on a foreclosed home down there, and then blamed Obama for the banking and housing collapse. He benefited, then blamed it on Obama who wasn’t even in office then. I thought you’re supposed to feel better after a week vacation.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    I think you could take almost any sound bite from Republican members of Congress in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 or 2006, on just about any topic, and use it to make a case for the Obama administration and its re-election.

  • Staci Bass

    UP is, by far, the best political show on television.

    3:37 “in recessions, unemployment lags on even well after a recovery has taken place”

    Well, well, well……….LOVING all that hype about stimulus, support of the unemployed, jobs, and so forth. You know, all that stuff that Republicans denied people for the past 4 years. Unconscionable bunch of pricks.

    But Chris Hayes, you freaking ROCK!!

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Ah, but you’re forgetting. This was during the “legitimate” term of St. Dubya, where running up deficits were okay and that tax cuts for the wealthy would pay for themselves. Now, you’ve got the “illegitimate” presidency of the demonic Kenyan Muslim who was responsible for the deficit being so high in the first place and wants to give away your hard earned dollars to lazy, shiftless brown people because he can.

    Big. Difference. [/sarcasm]

  • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1366295604 Greg Bronzynski

    This guy freakin rocks. We now have video proof of repub thought. DEMOCRATS BAD REPUBLICANS GOOD.