You People are Just Biased

Telling those whose votes you are fishing for that they need to “wake up” and “get past their bias” is Ann Romney’s idea of wooing Hispanics.

Romney said her “importance in speaking out is making sure that those coalitions,” referring to women and Hispanic voters, “that would naturally be voting for another party wake up and say, You’d better really look at the issues this time.” [...]

“It really is a message that would resonate well if they could just get past some of their biases that have been there from the Democratic machines that have made us look like we don’t care about this community,” Romney said. “And that is not true. We very much care about you and your families and the opportunities that are there for you and your families.”

“You’d better really look at the issues this time.” The obvious implication being that, in the past, they did not look at the issues. Why? Because they’re Hispanic. Or something.

On the contrary, the reason Mitt Romney is down between 30 to 50 points among Hispanics, depending on who you ask, is because they do pay attention to the issues. And how could they not, when simply having brown skin means they are subject to increased scrutiny by the Republican party. Papers please.

How could they not, when the man who wrote Papers Please, Kris Kobach, is serving as an adviser to the Romney campaign and a member of the RNC platform committee. Mitt Romney described Kobach’s Papers Please law as a “model for the country.”

To be fair, after insulting the intelligence of the voters she is supposedly courting, she did take a moment to tell them they do know how to throw a great party even if they don’t know what’s best for themselves.

”I had the most rocking time in Puerto Rico at a political rally than I’ve ever had in my entire life,” Romney said. “You people really know how to party. It was crazy!”

You people.

If there’s anyone who isn’t really looking at the issues in this country, it’s privileged white people.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Ethics and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • D_C_Wilson

    Ann is starting to sound like a troll on Huffpost saying that blacks and Hispanics just aren’t smart enough to vote republican.

  • Nefercat

    And *you people* are all the same after all. There are no cultural, language, heritage, ancestry differences at all. I mean if the name ends in -ez, it’s all the same, right? You know how to throw a great party!

    Hey Queen Ann, your party wants people whose ancestors may have lived in oh, say, Arizona, for three hundred years to prove their citizenship to your satisfaction.

    It’s not *their* biases that are keeping them from voting republican. It’s *your* party’s actions, beliefs, agenda, and goals that are keeping them from voting republican.

  • pgeorge

    Seriously – “you people”? Talk about distancing yourself firmly from whoever you are talking down to… who aren’t smart enough to vote their own interests.

    I have to be honest, my brain can only handle so much at one time. Today’s postings have me on the verge of a febrile seizure. I have absolutely had it with these racist pigs. Ann Romney has proven time and time again that she would be a national embarrassment as first lady. Just awful…

    But really, when do the American people wake up and see these racist trolls for who they are? Not while the African is President I suppose…

    But anyway, thanks for letting me get that off my chest. I seldom have these kind of emotional reactions I am experiencing (because nothing these assholes say surprises me anymore) but this has been a bad day. And just wait until tonight when Eddie Munster speaks. Woo Hoo!

    • JMAshby

      I’m pretty much numb at this point, but the numbness brings with it a sort of clarity.

        Comfortably numb? ;)

  • rob black

    I hate to point this out, but mormonism is kind of the perfect religion for this type of thinking. God told them the west was a desolate wasteland, void of inhabitants, and commanded them go and make those lands their own. The idea that there were actual indigenous populations living in the American west for thousands of years before they were told to go in to the desert like the Jews into Egypt, and take over their “promised land” (ugh Utah) makes it easy to treat Hispanics and Naive Americans as invaders in their own lands. Those people….
    Mormanism is a religion tailor made to exalt not just whites, but white males, in north america. Regular old European Christianity, just wasn’t a close enough fit for Joe Smith and company. Since it frowned on polygamy and other practices….so Jesus had to come to Missouri and lead his actual chosen people to the promised land. When did they first start allowing differently hued men to hold positions of power in the church…like the 1970′s?….and women? Are they even allowed to be priests to this day? Of course, Catholicism has the same problem there, but at least they embraced the citizens of South America, admittedly..after wiping a good portion of them out.
    Mormonism is literally not just the religion of white people, but privileged white males.
    Why would anybody, but a privileged white male vote for Mitt? Since the morman clergy is made up a lay members, Mitt as a priest holder, is not just a church member, he is a higher up in the clergy, the equivalent of a Catholic bishop, in a religion that thinks non-whites are basically cursed by god.
    Of course, they all look like ridiculous fairy tales to me, so what do I know….

      You are spot on. The religion was founded by a single white man who was admittedly charismatic but also had to have been a schizophrenic, an inveterate liar, or both. Every town Smith went to he would seduce the women, many of whom were married. He thought it was his right to have a stable of women that belonged to him. And of course the pissed off husbands drove him out of town after town. Is it any wonder that a church founded by such a man is a bastion of white male superiority and a sense of persecution? Hell, I would be surprised if it wasn’t!

  • eljefejeff

    you people, as in republican Puerto Ricans, exactly like all hispanic voters in america. Ok Ann.

    She didn’t mean “you people” in a racist way. She meant “you humans from Earth really know how to party.”

  • i_am_allwrite

    Ann’s just a shallow idiot. Laura Bush knew better and said nothing.