Abandon Ship!

Former Romney campaign co-chair Tim Pawlenty obviously has a bad case of Romney fever.

Former Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty announced Thursday morning that he would step down as co-chair of Mitt Romney’s campaign to become the head of the Financial Services Roundtable, a trade organization that represents the 100 largest financial services companies in the country.

Pawlenty tenure will begin as the group continues to lobby against the 2010 Dodd-Frank financial reforms that are starting to take effect. Among his new causes will be defeating the law’s price controls on debit card fees and the Volcker Rule, which is intended to keep banks from engaging in the risky behavior that led to the industry’s collapse in 2008. FSR has also taken aim at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the bill’s provisions for whistleblowers.

Mayday! Mayday!

Pawlenty also announced that he would decline a position in the Romney administration. I won’t snark and ask “What Romney administration?” but, well…

    These guys have a lot of balls accusing Mother Jones of taking Mitt Romney out of context in that video. Hell, the “redistribution” video of Obama they’re bandying about itself is taken out of context! Ditto his “…you didn’t build that…” statement. The list of Obama’s lines they’ve taken out of context and willfully misrepresented is too long for this forum. But, lying-bullshit-hypocrisy has never bothered the GOP before, why should it now, I guess?

    Something my wife points out when we see Romney on the news at some campaign event is that the background is almost always solid white. Tells you something, I think.

    Also, I haven’t seen too many of those cute “Mitt” baseball glove signs they used to wave around during the ’08 campaign since John Stewart equated them with what we’d see at a “Dildo Johnson” campaign event…