Bill Maher Destroys Hack Dinesh D’Souza

Dinesh D’Souza, the producer of a new anti-Obama right-wing agitprop film, is one of those conservatives whose arguments are so full of holes, you can hardly wait for him to finish before jumping all over him. And he was in fine form last night on Real Time, handing Maher some huge chunks of right-wing delusion and nonsense to subsequently rip apart.

But that wasn’t the best part. Stick with this until the end when Maher reveals a bit of information about when he was fired from ABC back in 2001.

(As soon as there’s better video, I’ll replace the blurry YouTube clip.)

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Republican Party and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://twitter.com/themattmcd Matt McDaniel

    Every article about “2016” needs to include the phrase “terrorist sympathizer Dinesh D’Souza.”

  • http://twitter.com/SugaRazor Razor

    Flawless Victory… Fatality.

    Seriously, D’Souza’s 15 minutes of mainstream fame are over after that. Maher was on fire last night, actually challenging the Republican bullshit that’s gotten out of hand on Real Time lately. His smackdown of that asshole Ron Christie deserves praise as well.

    • Chachizel

      It finally seems like Bill is getting tired of his RW guests and their bizarro world alternate reality bullshit. About time Bill, about time.

      • GrafZeppelin127

        At least he came prepared this time. He needs to do that more often. Too many times he has been caught off-guard and not had the facts at hand to refute the bullshit when it’s uttered, hence letting whoever the liar is get away with it.

        The problem with that is that when you’re talking about a whole paracosm of lies, it’s impossible to anticipate everything that a person living in that paracosm might say.

    • Treading_Water

      Did you notice that Ron Christie uses the phrase “the fact of the matter is” before every sentence? As if proclaiming that what you are about to say is a fact negates the true fact that you are completely full of shite?

      I remember, on The Daily Show, Jon Stewart played a clip of some news head talking about Ryan’s speech, saying that it was a strong speech even if some of the facts presented were debatable. Then proceeded to not actually have that debate.

      The news mostly sucks.

  • Laura Van

    What a sniveling little weasel.

    I have my issues with Bill Maher re the Pres, but THAT freaking ROCKED!

    (And all those with a blog should post it as well!)

    Adding …..my son’s girlfriend’s father is a conservative physician. He saw the movie last week and said he fell asleep during the thing, and that it was very boring.

  • JWheels

    Dinesh D’ouchebag?

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Nice of Bill Maher to smack around that idiot Dinesh D’Sousa around like that. Now let’s see him do the same when he has other right wing douchnozzles on like Ann Coulter, Steve Moore, Nick Gillespie, etc., and not let then get awy with running their frothing mouths off.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    This was one of Bill’s best interviews, let alone one of his best takedowns. Sometimes Bill is unprepared to parry the bullshit coming from his guests; this time he nailed it. Everything this weaselly POS (whom I’d never seen interviewed live before) said was either a lie or a fallacy. No Republican voted for Obamacare, which proves that there were no Republican ideas in the bill, which proves that Obama is filled with rage? Seriously?

    Here is an excellent takedown, from 2010, of D’Souza’s ridiculous crackpot theories about Obama’s supposed “rage.”

    Bravo, Bill. This interview needs to go viral pronto.

  • mrbrink

    Dinesh D’Souza uses that passive aggressive intellectual demeanor like a lying little instigator lobbing balloons full of his own shit from just out of reach from civil-minded people who would pay to see his arms ripped from his body and used on his torso like a pinata.

    There’s nothing I really despise more than a fake ass intellectual making an intellectually dishonest theory sound intellectual, or academic.

    Assumptions, innuendo, aspersions, hearsay, and opinions are not a basis for factual arguments.

    I try to choose my words carefully as to not make an illogical argument, or put forth a theory that cannot stand up to objective scrutiny. It really pisses me off when wormy, unqualified intellectuals like D’Souza try to get away with violating a basic standard of objectivity in the advancement of altering, or influencing perceptions. It really, really pisses me off when I think they’re using their brain powers for deception.

      “I try to choose my words carefully as to not make an illogical argument, or put forth a theory that cannot stand up to objective scrutiny. It really pisses me off when wormy, unqualified intellectuals like D’Souza try to get away with violating a basic standard of objectivity in the advancement of altering, or influencing perceptions. It really, really pisses me off when I think they’re using their brain powers for deception.”

      Exactly.

  • muselet

    Bill Maher thinks he’s smarter and funnier than he is. Most of the time, I have no use for him.

    That said, his evisceration of Dinesh D’Souza was a thing of beauty. Maher could have gotten whiny about losing a network TV show while D’Souza continued to collect his wingnut welfare (semi-serious question: is there anything a Righty can say or do that will interrupt, even briefly, his wingnut welfare?), but—to his credit—he didn’t, and reduced D’Souza to gibbering incoherently about insulting the military and promising unconvincingly to try to find his defense of Maher.

    So bravo, Bill Maher. Now we have evidence that you’re capable of more than the lazy, cooler-than-you hooey you usually phone in. This is the opportunity of a lifetime (or, at least, a career)—don’t waste it.

      Ditto on how you feel about Maher and about how he pwned D’Souza. Did you note how D’Souza focuses on the importance of a single word as his proof of Obama’s supposed anti-capitalism and rage? Then at the end where Maher calls him out for not standing up for him, DSouza denies Maher the same tactic saying that exactly how Maher phrased it wasn’t important. Typical, con…whatever is good enough to use to prove their shitty logic isn’t good enough for anyone else.

  • http://twitter.com/JVM2222 Jim Madraz

    As registered republican and business owner I’m jumping ship, between the Olympic gaff, Atkin, the arrogance of not relinquishing to a new date for the convention duet to the hurricane and impact on residents in FLA and LA, and them actually telling me not to hire anyone in memos and texts despite a good slow growth in the economy I can’t look in my kids eyes and support this party no longer, they have become a danger to the national security of this great nation and the greed, the greed is disgusting

      Good on you, Jim!

      When you feel like letting off some steam, just drop in here. :)