Birtherism Still Won’t Die

The chairman of the Alabama Republican Party is promoting a birther film to his constituents that claims President Obama’s real father was a communist who indoctrinated him with a Kenyan, anti-colonial worldview.

Actually I made that last part up but It’s hard to even type this without laughing because it’s so amazingly stupid.

Speaking to a Republican women’s group in Alabama yesterday, state GOP chairman Bill Armistead recommended to his audience a fringe birther movie that claims that President Obama’s real father is American labor activist Frank Marshall Davis, according Mobile Press-Register political editor George Talbot, who was reporting the event on Twitter. [...]

The movie Armistead reportedly recommended, “Dreams From My Real Father,” represents a breakout fringe of the birther movement. The film, according to its director Joel Gilbert, “presents the case that Frank Marshall Davis, a Communist Party USA organizer and propagandist, was Obama’s real father, both biological and ideological, and indoctrinated Obama with a political foundation in Marxism and an anti-White world view.”

How did the chairman of the Alabama Republican Party come across this secret-commie-father film?

This might have something to do with it.

According to Buzzfeed, the film “Dreams From My Real Father” is being distributed to over a million voters free of charge.

An anti-Obama movie claiming — without evidence — that President Barack Obama’s real father is an obscure African-American communist has been mailed to 1.5 million voters across the country, its creator told BuzzFeed Friday. [...]

The film’s director and producer, Joel Gilbert, said that the film was sent out to more one million voters in Ohio; 200,000 after a mid-summer conference, and a million after that. He said that 50,000 copies had been sent to voters in Nevada and 100,000 to voters in New Hampshire.

“We’re sending out bulk mailings to many states,” Gilbert said. “Probably Illinois, New York, Florida, Arizona, Louisiana, we’ll hit every state if we can to stimulate and force the national media to cover the story.”

This is so patently ridiculous only the battiest of the batshit are going to believe it, and they weren’t going to vote for the president anyway.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Birthers and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Username1016

    Keep it up, Republicans! You’re doing great!

    I mean, c’mon — in OHIO? Except for the knuckle-dragger fringe, that wasn’t going to vote for Obama anyway, I can’t imagine a single voter being swayed by such a tactic, and the vast majority will be repulsed. This’ll probably put Obama over the top, yay.

    I thought the funniest part of it was when you said “the fringe of the birtherism”. …what do you call the fringe of the fringe? Friggin loonies

  • willpen

    I love how they kept showing pictures of Obama next to this black man that ABSOLUTELY looked NOTHING like him. Yet they repeatedly continued to do this in the hope that enough stupid people just MIGHT be stupid enough to believe this shit. And they are the ones that complain that Obama is the one who continues to try and indoctrinate people. If this isn’t projection at it’s fullest then I just don’t f’ing know any more.

    • incredulous72

      “I love how they kept showing pictures of Obama next to this black man that ABSOLUTELY looked NOTHING like him. Yet they repeatedly continued to do this in the hope that enough stupid people just MIGHT be stupid enough to believe this shit. ”

      Well, you know all black people look alike, so . . .

      I just spit up my coffee typing that out.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    These are people that are using their lips as if they’re picking a banjo, they’re that fucking crazy.

  • D_C_Wilson

    I have to wonder if any of this jaggoffs actually believe this bullshit. I mean, Corsi hasn’t seen a conspiracy theory that he hasn’t embraced, even ones that contradict his own rantings. They’re just throwing whatever they can against the wall and hope something sticks.

  • priscianusjr

    This is the kind of stuff that’s turning the Republican mind to jelly.

  • BlackSunflower

    Oh do forgive me, but this is just too hilarious. I’m African American and as my mom says, “We all look alike”. I have a few cousins and friends that if you put their pictures next to Mr. Davis, resemble him more than the President does. And we’re not related to Mr. Davis! If any of this stuff was true, it would have all come out even before 2008! But if people are going to insist on pursuing this dribble, call up the Maury Show and let’s get a DNA test. And after we’re through with the President’s, everybody else get in line and let’s see who your real daddy is! Why not? If the President has to, why not the rest of us?